Shock boots or roost guards on rear shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my Radfo shocks serviced. After 100,000 miles the rear shock shafts were bad. No rust or anything just pitting from debris hitting them. Radfo suggested some basic cheap boots on the rear shocks. I am having a little trouble finding a set for 2.5 shocks.

Do you guys like boots or the guards that bolt on and what brand have you used? I typically feel lile no boot is the best way but would lile to avoid the wear on the shaft.

Fox makes a set of bolt-on guards. I got a set with my shocks. I haven't put them on yet, but I'm going to get around to it at some point.

Fox makes a set of bolt-on guards. I got a set with my shocks. I haven't put them on yet, but I'm going to get around to it at some point.
I really like the idea of the bolt on guards. The guy are radflo did say that if the guards get hit on a solid object they can get pushed into the shock and couse damage. I can see this happening but imagine it would depend a lot on the design and material of the shock guard.

I really like the idea of the bolt on guards. The guy are radflo did say that if the guards get hit on a solid object they can get pushed into the shock and couse damage. I can see this happening but imagine it would depend a lot on the design and material of the shock guard.
If you hit something hard enough to damage the guard it would probably damage the shock as well if the guard was not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom