Shipping Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To those of you who have shipped doors, what is the best way to ship, who did you use, is it expensive. What do you think the weight is of a door from a 78 fj40 with glass, handles, panels, etc.

I had a set of back doors shipped from Utah. They were wrapped in bubble pack and then cardboard. I wasnt concerned about scratches....think it was around $100...a year ago.

I had a set of back doors shipped from Utah. They were wrapped in bubble pack and then cardboard. I wasnt concerned about scratches....think it was around $100...a year ago.
Freight charges have gone up right along with the price of fuel.

Doors are friggin heavy!

I had two 40 doors less internals shipped to me in AL from AZ. The guy built a shipping crate from 2X4's. It was strong, secure and was around $200, IIRC.

As stated by others freight has increased dramatically and the rates you get depend greatly on provider, freight class claimed/determined and whether it is shipping business to business, house to business, house to house, etc. You can save a bunch by just picking it up at your local terminal. I had good luck and good rates from bother Gator/RL and Old Dominion. Roadway wanted something like 3X the others. it pays to shop. To get an accurate quote you will need dimensions, what it is , weight and from where to where. Also ask for suggestions on how to save.

Good luck, it ain't that hard but it pays to shop.

it's been awhile, but the last set I sent DHL, wrapped in old carpet padding then cardboard. no problems, weight..maybe 68lbs each.

I just shipped a set of ambi doors less the internals to the midwest. Used some pretty dense boxes and cut them down to the size, 2 layers of cardboard between the doors, two layers of cardboard on the outside with folded cardboard to re-enforce the corners. Weiged about 50lbs, and cost about 47 to ship via UPS.

Shipped a Con-Ferr bench seat, that thing was big and heavy and was about $60 to ship to Ohio

If you go to UPS and DHL, you can get an estimate based on weight and size, that's what I did with the doors. Also, watch out for DHL, you'll get a quote on line, and then they will try to bump up the price for an "oversized" parcel, even though you entered all the measurements in when you do the estimate:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom