Shift knobs for twin stick t-case?? (1 Viewer)

Almost done converting my 3-spd case to twin stick, and i cant find the 2wd/4wd knob or hi/low knob anywhere. Any ideas?

Not lookin for a rock knob, thanks though.
The inchworm knobs are nice, im thinkin i want to stay with black round knobs with the correct lettering/numbering.

I bought mine from Litegrip.com. Three knobs with custom laser-cut patterns set me back just short of $120. I think they will annodize black or colors as well.

jC
DSC05054.jpg

I got a round wooden drawer pull from Home Depot, drilled it and pressed a nylon bushing into the hole. Then sanded it, primered and painted with gloss black. About a dollar.
march 07 misc pics 026.jpg

Blue77FJ40

SILVER Star

So igotta40, you're saying the bushing self threaded as you screwed it on? Cool! McMaster Carr and MSC have a good collection of shifter knobs, not sure if they're metric though... The ones I got from MMC were 'merican thread that I used on the AA twin stick.

Last edited:

Cirbo-$120 is too spendy for me right now. They look nice though.

Igotta40-Nice job on the wood knobs, but theres something about wrappin my hand around a wood knob i dont like, haha!

Blue77fj40-What site is MSC?? Ive been to mcmaster, bad pcitures, cant see actual product.

Degnol-I dont care if theyre metric or standard, im gonna have to use my buddies lathe to turn down my 5/8 roundstock and thread it to fit whatever knob i buy. Also, the knobs on JKW site are both High and Low knobs, and also labeled front and rear. I need a knob that reads High and Low, and the other knob to read 4wd and 2wd.

Last edited:

Blue77FJ40

SILVER Star

Ben: mscdirect.com

The MSC part number for the tapered knobs is 81982092. A red round knob is 0681550 and a black round knob is 06815260

Try these out for a start. They are generic knobs, probably sae thread.

Also, try a good hardware store like Ace or True-Value, not HD or Lowe's. The have threaded knobs in the bolt bin section, might be all SAE though.

There is a mud member that makes custom dash knobs rather inexpensively. Perhaps they could help you out and in doing so, create a new line of products.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/259232-custom-dash-knobs-sale.html
That'd be me. :D

Just find a shape (donor knob/ drawer pull / cue ball) that you like and I'll duplicate it and CNC-cut any text/graphics you like into it. See the knob thread above for how its done.

I'm too lazy to keep track of a price list, so lets call it $30 per knob, just like the switches. Of course, if you decide you need a 10-pound dragon-shaped knob with light-up eyes that'll cost more, plus a tax for poor taste. :D:D

Lemme know.

joeyg1973-i dont like the look of aluminum knobs, i wanted to stay with black round knobs. WHich i found, thanks for all the info everyone!! And i ordered a twinstick boot with stainless ring from JBfab, but bought it on their ebay store, which saves you about $5. I tried to find the wooden knobs at ACE and Home Depot, but they didnt have them. Bought some Dana 300 knobs from 4wheelparts, for $3 each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom