ShenValleyCruiser's 500K Mile Tiki Cruiser Build Thread and CNC Creations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright, many updates to give, its been an insane summer with not much wheeling or wrenching but I did do a couple things and drove across the country a couple times (to Florida and back and to Minnesota/Wisconsin and back to Virginia). So busy I didnt have much time for regular maintenance and destroyed a caliper, rotor, and pad and had to do a brake job in an O'reillys parking lot in Kentucky.

Finally put a big boy roof rack on. Got the Gamiviti rack safari style, love it. Feels like everything is soooo much more secure up there now and its literally twice the amount of usable space as my last glorified cargo basket. No pictures with it loaded up but we usually have 3 68qt plano bins, a Yeti 20qt cooler, 5 folding chairs, 2 kids bikes, and some other random stuff and theres still lots of room. Def a necessity now that we have 4 kids and need part of the 3rd row, we'd never be able to pack everything in the car.
View attachment 3107344
View attachment 3107345

And finally (almost) finished the 3rd row compatible drawer! only took 9 months to make semi functional with lots of remaining fit issues.
View attachment 3107349
Fits behind the passenger 3rd row seat. Bottom drawer is for utensils, cooking stuff, bowls, and miscellaneous, its going to have a cutting board pullout underneath but I forgot to CNC a slot for the cutting board to come out of. The second drawer is for the stove but I need to modify the face of the drawer to flip down and make operating it easier. On top is a cabinet with a flip up door. I need to modify the door to open up and slide in though otherwise I cant access it while the stove is in use. There was lots of cutting, measuring, and moving pieces and even modifying the 14 inches to be more 13.5" because the hardware of the 3rd seat is otherwise very much in the way. As you can see I also had to cut holes in the plastic tailgate gap cover to accommodate the slide mechanisms. Trunk shuts....but barely. So its not 100% done but its usable and I took it on a long weekend camping trip and it worked great, but could be improved before the next one. It was a total rush job 3 nights before our trip and just needed it done.
View attachment 3107364
View attachment 3107369
You are amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom