She aint's pretty no more... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you run into the fender rubbage running spacers with standard 285s or 295s on the trail? I thought the reason for not running them was that the tires would tuck up and not bind.

The 255's with the 1.25" spacers have about the same outside track as 285's without spacers. 285's without spacers don't rub.

255/25.4=10.03"
285/25.4=11.22"

Haven't been on the trails yet...we'll see if they rub but I don't think they will.

-Patrick

Very nice...

- Mark

IPTMAN-

Hey we are pratically neighbors. Give me a shout sometime. I vehicles are about at the same stage. I just installed an OME 2.5 lift last weekend. The rig is looking good. Van

Just kidding! Better than ever actually.

Big thanks to Cam, Vince and Lance at Iron Pig for helping out on such short notice yesterday.

I went with 850's/860's on 255 KM2's and 1.25" spacers.

The 255 KM2's ride great on the road and make no more noise than the stock sized Scorpion ATR's I had on there before. Plus they go for $50 less per tire than the 285's not to mention almost an inch taller.

-Patrick

Before...
side.jpg

After...
leftfront_sm.jpg

leftside_sm.jpg

front_sm.jpg

rightfront_sm.jpg

rightside_sm.jpg

Looks good,

Can you tell me the tire size in numbers like 16/285/33 or what ever it is. I love the Look of them tires but I'm sure I can not bring a set with me on the plane. To big as carry on.:smokin:

Could you tell me what the hight is to the top of the rack? I need to fit in some parking garages with low roofs.

Also what type of press is needed to get the bushing in ?
I'm sure I can find a shop in Cambodia with one I can use.

Thanks,
Brian

I was just thinking about how 255s would look on an 80, looks great!

Who's spacers did you use?

Looks good,

Can you tell me the tire size in numbers like 16/285/33 or what ever it is. I love the Look of them tires but I'm sure I can not bring a set with me on the plane. To big as carry on.:smokin:

Could you tell me what the hight is to the top of the rack? I need to fit in some parking garages with low roofs.

Also what type of press is needed to get the bushing in ?
I'm sure I can find a shop in Cambodia with one I can use.

Thanks,
Brian

The tires are BFG KM2's in 255/85/16. I'm not sure what the total height of the truck is but I fit into my work's garage with several inches to spare and the sign says 7' 6" max height. Vince at IPOR was able to get the bushings out with a 20 ton press. I did get the press out tool though. I think a 40 or 50 ton press would have been a lot easier though.

-Patrick

Who's spacers did you use?

I'm not sure what brand they are. What ever Cam sells at Iron Pig is what they are.

-Patrick

Looks very nice. Hope you like it as I enjoy mine the little I have been able to drive it since putting my 850/860's on. In my truck bushings are needed, just havent had a chance to get that done yet.

Looks good! How do you like the tires? So far...

Looks good. I must say I love the "before" poser pic pimpin' on the curb! Woot-woot my brutha!:rolleyes:

Looks good! How do you like the tires? So far...

The tires are great so far. I only drove the truck home from IPOR (~45 miles) and one day to work. I actually think the ride is better now than before on the Pirellis (shameless plug :p)and stock suspension. I haven't gone off road yet but I may go out to a friend's family farm and throw her in the mud this weekend. We'll see. I will be taking the truck down to Myrtle Beach next weekend for a golf trip so that will be more telling whether or not there's tire noise on the highway.

-Patrick

That looks saweeeeeet!!! I want it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom