SOLD SF Bay Area, CA: 1995 Land Cruiser No Sunroof 207k miles CDL only SEMI POVERTY PACK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
My back just isn't relenting on my trial of this project. I did a handful of maintenance items to this and every day I worked on it has just set me back. I'm likely going to lose big on this - but I've had fun 🫠

Bottom line up front:
Asking $10,500 $9,000
I owned this (my first 80) in 2018 and sold it shortly thereafter to get a 200 which then got sold to buy a no-sunroof 100. At which point I got therapy and at least kept the 100 for several years.
I am selling a clean Carfax 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser originally from Hawaii without a sunroof, running boards, or roof rack. It also originally included the third row seats (which I've removed, and can be included if purchased before 10/31/2023). No rear heater either. Grey leather interior. Title is in hand and in my name.

More photos here: TLCP's FZJ80 - https://photos.app.goo.gl/tdzaFrjSsuAbLKqC8

The bad (as it sits today):
Body

The paint. My god, the paint. The first Utah owner (2017 timeframe) did a horrible DIY paint job in emerald green. That's also starting to fail.
There is a rear passenger side rear quarter panel repair just in front of the taillight. I can barely notice it from the exterior but in side the quarter panel it appears they pushed/extruded some body filler as part of the repair. The inside metal looks fine.
There is a spot on the front of the rear passenger side wheel arch that caught something. Pretty minor but it's there.
And the last body issue is a repaired dent with cracked filler on the main body just above the seam on the passenger upper side of the hatch opening. It hasn't changed since I owned it in 2018.
Windshield has a coupe cracks. They aren't intrusive, but I'll include a new weatherstrip seal for when you replace it.
Had a CEL for P0141 and haven't looked into it yet.

Mechanical
Sometimes the exhaust rattles (might need to tighten the clamp on one of the front shields in front of the cats)
The power steering system was PS fluid in it. Needs to be flushed.
The frame is an 8/10 for rust. Just some minor stuff on welds in the midship. Front and rear frames are clean (9.5/10) I haven't had to bust out the induction bolt heater once

Interior/Electrical
Dash has some cracks
Leather is rough. Driver and passenger seat bottoms have been replaced and the side bolsters are cracked. The Escape gear seat covers are necessary until seats are replaced or a leather kit installed.
Antenna goes up and down about as far as you see in the photos.
Rear hatch door lock actuator needs to be replaced (part is included)

Work I did in 2017:
PHH reroute (done before me)
Repaired cooked wiring from the EGR. Ran new lengths alongside existing harness from the ECU to the trans gear selector switch. I have a used main engine wiring harness to accompany the vehicle.
Distributor o-ring
New floormats and cargo mat

Notable work done by prior owner (2019-2022):
Heater core (State Automotive in SLC, UT)
Power steering heater hoses (and PS fluid...probably State Automotive, too)
Trans fluid looks newish

Work recently performed by me at 207k miles (2023):
Front main
Oil pump cover gasket
AC tensioner pulley
Idler pulley
Belts
Plugs and wires
Thermostat, bypass o-rings, radiator hoses (big and small)
All evap hoses
EGR clean out to fix P0401 and new EGR VSV
Toyota red coolant
Rear hatch and upper hatch weatherstripping
Rear driver and rear passenger door lock actuators
Cleaned and lubed all windows (they all work but some are slow)
Replaced motor mounts (including trans)
5w-30 synthetic oil change and D3 filter
Added CDL switch. 4LO and locker works fast
Removed fender flares and installed no-flare mudflaps
40% (9/32) lift Cooper Discover tires (2017 date) 255/85R16 (skinny 33s)
New hood and hatch struts
New fuel cap
New air filter and intake tube

The good:
It doesn't have a sunroof!
New steering wheel
Interior is complete and clean (I removed all plastic trim and carpet and cleaned it all)
AC works great
Will include anything else in parts/manuals I have for 80s
The brakes work

Needs attention:
Replace power steering fluid with ATF
Finish replacing other fluids just cause their cheap (brake, diffs, transfer case)
If you keep the power seats, driver needs a new gear (the 2017 owner removed one side of the bracket so all functions still work)
Keep hunting for leaks
Paint if you're vain :)

Inclusions (not mentioned above):
1995 Factory service manual and electrical wiring diagram
CPACruiser crank pulley holding tool
54mm socket
Vapor barriers for the front L and R and rear R doors
Extra gaskets (throttle body, thermostat, EGR, etc)
The original steering wheel
Whatever else is in my 80 series parts bin
Original intake tube (good for someone who's is cracked

Pricing:
Someone is going to get a great project at likely a great price - I will sell this quickly. Open to offers, but I'm not going to entertain anything below $7000 at this point. I'm starting with $10,500. And now $9,000

I, of all people, know that's a lot to ask - I'll make every effort to make it worth your time and money. Offers below that start to cut really bad and I get to pay a lot more stupid tax - so let's not try to go straight to that point.

1000017114.jpg

1000017134.jpg

1000017178.jpg

1000017175.jpg

1000017173.jpg

1000017150.jpg

1000017183.jpg

1000017113.jpg

Last edited:
You can also see how freak-me "fits" in here..

1000017180.jpg

Visors stay up but PO used some oil or something on the driver one and the passenger one is missing the round plastic part on the visor. Sunshade included. Don't need any more cracks in the dash.
1000017187.jpg

1000017188.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, didnt even realize you were from the bay area. Watched lots of your videos before when I first got interested in 80 series. Still hunting for the right one. Keep up the amazing work, youre doing the community an honor with all the info youre just putting out there for free. Good luck with the sale, this thing is nice!

Bump, good luck with the sale, love your videos and the information you share. Always thought you were in UT?

Great videos on YT, I watch the project videos mostly, not the critique vids although I have definitely gotten some pointers on what to look for from the critique vids. Thank you for the videos and GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom