For Sale Serengeti Large RTT and Custom Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Serengeti Rooftop Tent. When open, the base is 79" by 94". This was designed and made in South Africa. Base is aluminum and plywood. Tent is ripstop canvas that is acrylic coated. It has an attached nylon fly. The included mattress is 2" of high density foam (includes slipcover that it came with it).

We have used it about 10 nights total. Our family of four (2 adults/2 under 10 years old) fit in tent without a problem. Three adults would fit without difficulty. My wife would like something a little larger so I need to move in a different direction than I was going.

There is a very tiny tear in the canvas that I don't worry about - it has never let water in and I live in a fairly wet part of the world (Vancouver Island). There is also a small, repaired tear in the cover by the zipper. This occurred during shipping and looks like it's been stabbed with a small knife. Otherwise the tent is in exceptional shape.

I have the tent mounted to a custom aluminum rack made for the 80 series Landcruiser. The clamps are made of steel for strength. The rack was made so that 6 Spector water/fuel cans could line up at the rear of it. Rack is powder coated with a textured, matte black finish.

Asking $1700 obo for the combo. Will sell tent separately $1300 obo
May be willing to travel a little distance to deliver if full asking price paid.

Please email: brad_ruff@yahoo.com with questions.

DSC_1822.jpg

DSC_1812.jpg

DSC_1093.jpg

Last edited:
New, more reasonable price posted in original classified. Not sure what I was thinking at first - maybe I posted it after a night shift.

Brad

Do you have pics of the 2 tears? And do you know how much the tent weighs?

Do you have pics of the 2 tears? And do you know how much the tent weighs?

Tent is 130-140 pounds. I will get pic of cover tear. The tent is not on my truck for this season and is sucked up against the ceiling of my garage so unable to get pic of small issue with tent itself. That issue is less than 1/4" and I guarantee you would never see it unless I pointed it out to you.

Edit: When taking photo I took another of the front and rear corner cover. I just now noticed (and I'm all about full disclosure as I have been stung myself in the past) there is a small bit of wear on the cover from before I started storing it up against the garage ceiling. I was storing it upright on the floor. The pic shows the wear. It is not through (and no frayed fabric threads) and the backside of the cover is also rubberized.

The "shipping wound" from when I got the tent a couple of years ago has been sealed with Marine AquaSeal for durability.

DSC_3534.jpg

DSC_3537.jpg

Last edited:
the aluminum roof rack.

If the roof rack is aluminum so is the clamps, because they are welded to the rack. Or all of it is steel it has to be one or the other. Do a magnet test if it attracts it is steel, if it doesn't attract the magnet you have aluminum.
GLWS.

If the roof rack is aluminum so is the clamps, because they are welded to the rack. Or all of it is steel it has to be one or the other. Do a magnet test if it attracts it is steel, if it doesn't attract the magnet you have aluminum.
GLWS.

I guess I did not make myself clear. The rack is fully aluminum as well as the "feet" of the rack. I realize that "feet" of the rack have to be aluminum to be welded to aluminum. The portion that clamps under the raingutter is steel for strength. The bolt holds them in place.

If you look at the second picture, you will see that I had not put the gutter clamp on the middle "foot" so you can see what I mean.

Thanks for looking.

Still for sale. Used for a few nights last September and then stored in the garage all winter.
Tent price is now $1000. Selling truck with rack most likely unless someone makes me a wicked offer for tent and rack together

Last edited:
Is it still available? how far up Vancouver Island? I'm in Seattle, just bought a 97 fzj80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom