September POTM - FJ55TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the truck to support a local high school car show. It wasn't eligible for winning but it was a good time. Talked to lots of interested high school students. Some seemed fairly smart. Gives me some hope for the future generations.
Why not? None of the others in your photo look super impressive.

There were some neat rides there. The ones eligible for winning were the students cars. Lifted trucks, lowered trucks, some old cars, some newer cars. I enjoyed talking to some. I discovered that some of the lifted truck owners with mud all over their vehicles have never actually been anywhere with them. That makes me sad, they are missing out on so much around here to see and experience. One tough looking jeep scrambler with 35's and a winch is owned by a 80 pound girl. She is very proud. I understand because my truck is also my high school ride.

50 bucks in 68 could get you a used car. I had a hand me down schwinn. Not sure the model but it was lime green with square tire that caused me to eat 💩 leaning into a turn. I turned it into a BMX style bike after that.

Left for Pig Party 2023. Took the scenic route or course.
PXL_20230619_202242892.jpg

Hayden Pass, Colorado.

PXL_20230619_221112102.jpg

Poncha Creek Road, Colorado.

PXL_20230619_230900501.MP.jpg

Marshall Pass, Colorado.

Yep, got some great pictures. Until I crashed it. I ran over 70 miles of the Kokopelli Trail and was going to camp at Dewey Bridge campground. I was pretty far off the beaten path and the sun was going down so I was glad to finally come upon a nice, freshly graded road. I was in fourth gear about 50 miles per hour and didn't see a 2 foot deep cut in the road until it was too late. The truck was at least a foot off the ground. I broke the left front knuckle and bent both front leaf springs. Tire camber on the left is way out and toe is very bad. I managed to limp it back into Colorado at Grand Junction, which was over 60 miles. Front tires are about gone. Tomorrow I will find a way to get it home.
Yes, Bob, I got it on video. There will be pictures.

Oh sorry to hear. I wasn't sure what type of accident you meant in the other thread. Glad you are safe. Bummer for the pig.

Sorry to hear this, but glad you're alright, that had to hurt. What about getting some parts and putting it back together, at least to drive it home safely.
Meeting Craig in the morning after he gets some rest. If all else fails he’ll leave it at my place and come back for it. He’s staying within a few hundred yards of Alcan Springs if he wants to fix things here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom