SEM Trim Black Paint for Sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to paint my new sliders (metal tech) in lieu of PC because of cost and the ability to retouch.

There are a few posts recommending this paint for sliders, has anyone used it? Has anyone specifically used the quart vs. aerosol? Should I thin the paint with urethane if I'm going to use a spray gun?

Amazon product ASIN B000PL25AC
Thanks!

I would go with something different. Anytime I have had to paint something like this, I wipe with acetone, spray with etching primer, and use regular rattle can. I have not had issues with it and it's cheap.

I think this is what I have used in the past ... LINK

I used this , dries hard as hell and has a texture to it that you won't slip when you use it as a step board

b01695d4-bc2b-4cb8-bb17-91540190e919_1.2a026b6d9ad15938e75f0b9850cbea73.jpeg

I would go with something different. Anytime I have had to paint something like this, I wipe with acetone, spray with etching primer, and use regular rattle can. I have not had issues with it and it's cheap.

I think this is what I have used in the past ... LINK

Definitely do not skip the etching primer. Unless you want to have rusty sliders 3 months past install, and want to take them off to redo the job properly. I've heard that somewhere. Allegedly.

I used this , dries hard as hell and has a texture to it that you won't slip when you use it as a step board

b01695d4-bc2b-4cb8-bb17-91540190e919_1.2a026b6d9ad15938e75f0b9850cbea73.jpeg
Something to be said for not over complicating it. I imagine being as thick as this is it goes on evenly. Uneven coverage is why I wanted to stay away from rattle can.

I did/do a combo of all of the above. Etching primer, truck bed coating, and I touch up with plain satin frame spray paint. Mine come off every few months to touch up because the finish on the under sides get pretty mangled on the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom