Seeking dual battery advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just playing devil advocate here but if jump starting is a primary wouldn't a NOCO type appliance do the job? Much simpler than a full blown dual battery setup? Dual batteries are a rabbit hole if not managed correctly, luck not withstanding. Disclaimer, I have a dual setup but given the advancements in solar and battery boosters I would seriously rethink my choice.
Okay, you guys win, I'm going to throw away over $1500 that I just spent on a dual battery setup and go to a noco...

Seriously? Please accept that I made a choice and am willing to live with it. I am not looking for other alternatives.

Perhaps consider trying to convince the next person that is considering this before he/she makes the investment.

As I stated above, I have zero interest in jump packs or anything else that I have to worry about charging in advance.

I want this to be set it and forget it, until I need to hit the magic button and self jump start.

Okay, you guys win, I'm going to throw away over $1500 that I just spent on a dual battery setup and go to a noco...

Seriously? Please accept that I made a choice and am willing to live with it. I am not looking for other alternatives.

Perhaps consider trying to convince the next person that is considering this before he/she makes the investment.

As I stated above, I have zero interest in jump packs or anything else that I have to worry about charging in advance.

I want this to be set it and forget it, until I need to hit the magic button and self jump start.
Ahh if life were that simple. BTW I certainly wasn't trying to change your mind just throw out the options. After building 3 of those dual setups I ended up with a NOCO 70's as a super redundant backup that could charge a bunch of electrical units. Fully charged it holds a charge for months.

There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to battery systems, single, dual, isolated, they all have strengths and weaknesses. I’ve probably over complicated my system more than necessary and definitely more than almost anyone, but still have zero regrets. I can self jump start two different ways and have never needed to do so. And I still carry a NOCO 70...

Charlie, calm down a bit. This thread is more useful if folks share input and ideas. You spunked fifteen hundred bucks and have an extra 100# of weight in your engine bay and a few more items that have a chance to fail. And for you, that was the right decision.

Others who are reading the thread might have different needs and experience and options and opinions. Reading about those things and then making the best choice for yourself, given your specific situation, is a big benefit of these Internet forums!

Just playing devil advocate here but if jump starting is a primary wouldn't a NOCO type appliance do the job? Much simpler than a full blown dual battery setup? Dual batteries are a rabbit hole if not managed correctly, luck not withstanding. Disclaimer, I have a dual setup but given the advancements in solar and battery boosters I would seriously rethink my choice.
I'm about to step into this rabbit hole. Love to hear your thoughts. My reasons for dual setup: future fridge & winch; campsite lights; "two is one, one is none" for emergency jump.

I'm about to step into this rabbit hole. Love to hear your thoughts. My reasons for dual setup: future fridge & winch; campsite lights; "two is one, one is none" for emergency jump.
Just have fun with it, ask to see others setups and ask what they would do different "next time". Realize you build for one situation and life hands you another quite often. Enjoy the hunt.

Just have fun with it, ask to see others setups and ask what they would do different "next time". Realize you build for one situation and life hands you another quite often. Enjoy the hunt.
Talking to Gary at Mudrak Custom Cruisers. Always like to hear other opinions. OCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom