Seatbelt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

This weekend I was cleaning out the 100 and took the car seats out. After taking out the carseat on the passenger side, I noticed that the seatbelt wouldn't retract or extend and seems like it's locked up. Is there anything I can "press" or undo onto the the seatbelt assembly to fix this or do I need a replacement for it?

Thank you

Sometimes the catch gets caught, you have to quickly pull on it and see if you can get it to release. If not, you will need to remove and open up the mechanism. Took about ten tries when it happened to me. Quickly pull it out with some force. Repeat.

Sometimes the catch gets caught, you have to quickly pull on it and see if you can get it to release. If not, you will need to remove and open up the mechanism. Took about ten tries when it happened to me. Quickly pull it out with some force. Repeat.

So, I took the seatbelt apart yesterday and opened up the mechanism...long story short, I'm on my way this afternoon to get another at the wrecking yard..lol :hillbilly::hillbilly:

Honestly, reparing the seatbelt is a pretty easy fix. Just did it today for the first time and it took maybe 30 min start to finish. This video was very helpful in giving me an idea as to what I would encounter once I actually opened up the seatbelt mechanism itself on my 2002 LC.

My only advice would be dont lubricate that ball. If the jap engineers didnt have lube on it - leave it dry.

Oily surfaces get dust covered and that would be a detriment to the balls free rolling nature.

My only advice would be dont lubricate that ball. If the jap engineers didnt have lube on it - leave it dry.

Oily surfaces get dust covered and that would be a detriment to the balls free rolling nature.
Absolutely agree. I have no idea why he recommends that in the video. Funnily enough, my seat belt had stopped working because one of those white plastic tabs that snaps the interior panels to the car had fallen off and gotten taken in by the seat belt and mashed up ;)

Every car I have ever owned with car seats in them for long periods of time have had seat belts that would not retract once the seats were out.
I have four kids.

Honestly, reparing the seatbelt is a pretty easy fix. Just did it today for the first time and it took maybe 30 min start to finish. This video was very helpful in giving me an idea as to what I would encounter once I actually opened up the seatbelt mechanism itself on my 2002 LC.

Cool video, I might go in and take a look at mine.

Did you disconnect the battery before disconnecting the yellow wires to your pre-tensioner?

Let the spring go, didn't ya? PITA to rewind, been there done that.

We are talking about this piece, yes?
It is supposed to have some spring tension to it, correct?
Mine does not. I kind of want to open it up...

babb685a-360c-4ef3-bd98-dcaf6bfc88fb-jpeg.1877420

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom