B0136 LH squib open. Anyone confirm the fix is by replacing seatbelt assy? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I almost got my rig dialed in and found that I am getting the B0136 fault (Open in P/T squib LH circuit) and no other faults. This explains my flashing Airbag light. I removed seatbelt, checked all wiring to the belt , cleaned connectors and reinstaled and all of that appears to be fine. I searched here and found a few discussions about this issue but seems most had other faults pertaining to the side curtain airbags and I only have this one fault which point to drivers side seatbelt retractor. I don't want to make a jumper or install a resistor and bypass this as my daughter is going to be driving it and I want it to be safe. Has anyone else had this issue and was it repaired by replacing the seatbelt assembly? I plan to order a belt but I am hoping its nothing more like the airbag module or something else and would love some confirmation... thx in advance!

Mine was cured with an assembly from a part out.

I almost got my rig dialed in and found that I am getting the B0136 fault (Open in P/T squib LH circuit) and no other faults. This explains my flashing Airbag light. I removed seatbelt, checked all wiring to the belt , cleaned connectors and reinstaled and all of that appears to be fine. I searched here and found a few discussions about this issue but seems most had other faults pertaining to the side curtain airbags and I only have this one fault which point to drivers side seatbelt retractor. I don't want to make a jumper or install a resistor and bypass this as my daughter is going to be driving it and I want it to be safe. Has anyone else had this issue and was it repaired by replacing the seatbelt assembly? I plan to order a belt but I am hoping its nothing more like the airbag module or something else and would love some confirmation... thx in advance!
Are you getting this code from techstream or from an OBD dongle?

reason: my restraining light (airbag?) goes on intermitantly...on more often than off. can stay off for 100 miles, can illuminate just after starting, and anything in between.

reason: my restraining light (airbag?) goes on intermitantly...on more often than off. can stay off for 100 miles, can illuminate just after starting, and anything in between.
I got it from techstream. I went through the diagnostic flow chart in my manual and it seems it may be the seatbeltor the airbag module itself but the techstream stopped working yesterday so I’m stuck again. If I get it repaired I’ll post back in here my findings.

My issue started this way. It would come and go and now it’s constantly blinking. I’m curious if yours is the same issue.

What year is your truck? If this is prior to seat airbags, it is your seatbelt charge. if it’s intermittent, I would try some dielectric grease on the connection. It can be a hassle matching belts and latches depending on year.

What year is your truck? If this is prior to seat airbags, it is your seatbelt charge. if it’s intermittent, I would try some dielectric grease on the connection. It can be a hassle matching belts and latches depending on year.
Thx, it’s a 2000. I’m fairly certain it’s the belt. I used the FSM to narrow it down to that. I tried cleaning the connectors and it didn’t work . So I’m on the hunt for a belt. I think I found a company that fixes them so I may send it off for repair.

There was a recall for an airbag control module if i’m not mistaken. Also, i had a curtain shield airbag issue that caused an airbag light to illuminate - the source of the problem was a plug that was above my back door that wasnt making a good consistent connection. Adjusted the wire tips in the plug where they would make a better connection - light went off immediately.

There was a recall for an airbag control module if i’m not mistaken. Also, i had a curtain shield airbag issue that caused an airbag light to illuminate - the source of the problem was a plug that was above my back door that wasnt making a good consistent connection. Adjusted the wire tips in the plug where they would make a better connection - light went off immediately.
Thx, I am hoping the recall was already completed. The prior owner was on top of their stuff but I'll need to see if I can find those records. I wonder if I can still get that done under the recall? I went ahead and sent the seatbelt off for repair today. Ill follow up to let everyone know this was indeed the issue.

what instruction source did you use to troubleshoot/isolate....fsm?

I went through this on my son’s passenger side seatbelt, in a 2000 LC.

I used Techstream, FSM, and this thread to troubleshoot:

Yes, a new seatbelt fixed it. New grey seatbelts were still available for the early models at the time. Tan belts were NLA, but allegedly Safety Restore could refurbish

I went through this on my son’s passenger side seatbelt, in a 2000 LC.

I used Techstream, FSM, and this thread to troubleshoot:

Yes, a new seatbelt fixed it. New grey seatbelts were still available for the early models at the time. Tan belts were NLA, but allegedly Safety Restore could refurbish

Thx, I sent it off to them yesterday 😎

Reactions: jLB
Wanted to update that I received my seatbelt back from Safety Restore and it fixed the airbag light. No more faults , no more annoying flashing airbag light 👍

@Wheeliee how is the quailty of the seat belt repair? did you get it rewebbed also?
I am very pleased with the repair. I chose not to do webbing as mine was good but it looks like they did clean it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom