Seat Warmer Cost, Seat Upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I am curious how much it would cost to fix a malfunctioning seat warmer. (It is the passenger side, if it were driver nbd) Also curious if anyone has had seats reupholstered, I have seen some nice covers here on the forums but I am interested in investing a little more into it as I take long road trips with the cruiser frequently and want a more permanent solution. Thanks!

I had the front seats and center console reupholstered here in Tucson. The company did a fantastic job and it is extremely comfortable. The leather matched perfectly. I didn't have any prior seat heater issues and they still work great.

If you are getting it reupholstered it makes a big difference to get new foam at the same time. I replaced the foam bottoms for both and it is fantastic. Most do not replace the seat back foam.

If you are getting it reupholstered it makes a big difference to get new foam at the same time. I replaced the foam bottoms for both and it is fantastic. Most do not replace the seat back foam.
Completely agree!! I should have mentioned that in my earlier post. Although, considering the expense of reupholstering, including all new padding isn't much more. I've never done one without the other.

Some insight from my reupholster job below
> Install and review of Land Cruiser Heaven seat cover replacement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/install-and-review-of-land-cruiser-heaven-seat-cover-replacement.1280599/#post-14391047

If you are going in far enough to replace the heater pad you will need to remove most of the upholstery. If it's in good shape just put it back but if you have a lot of wear try and save up some $$$ and replace it.

The seat heater wire tends to rub where it connects to the side bolsters. Either there or right in the middle were you sit is worn out / corroded / etc. I didn't have to replace mine but I did have to solder a very tiny little wire that I suspect I did a poor job on repairing.

I didn't get many pics. I think this is the seat back and the corroded looking thing is the seat bottom . Never knew foam could like , rust sort of. Not shown are the side parts of the bottom heater pad. The material is tougher than it looks but the connection points are frail.

1709325787416.png
1709325824563.png

I had the front seats and center console reupholstered here in Tucson. The company did a fantastic job and it is extremely comfortable. The leather matched perfectly. I didn't have any prior seat heater issues and they still work great.
How much did it end up costing to do?

Will definitely have that added when I get it done!

It all depends on what's actually wrong with the heated seat...switch? Module? Heater element? A wiring diagram and multi-meter will help tremendously. Don't guess!!
I am not sure, the light on the switch does not work so I am hoping it is that and not whole element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom