Seat Heaters: Differences in LX vs Cruiser Heater Elements? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all - hoping that someone might know the answer to this. Is there actual differences between the heater elements on the LX470 and the 100-series Cruiser?
Reason for the question: I'm having an upholstery shop rebuild the seat bottom on my '00 Cruiser. The shop says that the heater element is in bad shape. I searched around online and it looks like it's been discontinued. Part #: 87510-60080
It just so happens that I have a spare driver's seat from a 2001 LX470. I'm not above scavenging the heater element from this seat and bringing it to the upholstery shop. It looks like the Lexus heater has a different part #: 87510-60130
If anyone has info on these two heater elements, I'd sure appreciate it

I think I'd take apart both seats, and solder the LX connector on the 100 series elements, or get a new Dorman element and use that. Don't be afraid to dive into this. There's a reasonable chance the elements are the same, or so close it won't matter. I doubt any Toyota parts diagram photos will be helpful, as they tend to lack any detail at this level.

I swapped Landcruiser seats into a similar year LX and no issues with any of the plugs and everything worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom