Seat Coolers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I completed my order today. I can't wait to get the hardware. Have any of you guys "home installed" the full setup with heaters and coolers? I'm crazy busy with work these days and am wondering how much time it would take to tackle a job like this myself...

I've installed them into my truck. Cant recall exactly how long it took, as i was working on it a few hours a day for a few days. Probably took me ~20 hours total, but im sure it can be done a lot faster if you do this sort of thing all the time. I really took my time measuring and checking everything, making sure that none of the added items interfere with seat movement. I also installed everything without cutting or modifying any of the springs or seat frames (which i heard somewhere was necessary. I had to place a few of the blowers sideways to accomplish this). Nothing really difficult about it, just time consuming. The most annoying part was cutting out the foam for the air distribution pads.

Also dont forget that there is a dedicated 12V power wire for factory heated seats on all (i think) US 80's, so you can connect the units to that wire. It goes into the seat connector on the harness side, but doesnt come out on the seat side of the connector (because US 80's never came with factory heated seats). So I just inserted a new pin into the Toyota connector on the seat side, and connected the katzkin units to that pin, for a clean, factory-like install.

Another tip - make sure you remove enough foam from the seat bottom to make the distribution pad completely flat with the surface of the foam around it. Dont let it "stick out". I've made this mistake on the passenger seat (the first one i was doing - It was maybe 1-2mm higher than the seat foam around it), thinking that the leather will tighten it to the seat and the finished surface will be flat.. Well, it didn't flatten out - the contour of the square distribution pad is visible a little when you look at it from certain angles.

I couldnt care less about heaters, as i store my truck in the winter, but the coolers are awesome.

20200519_175035.jpg

Last edited:
My leather and heater/cooler kits arrived! Just looking at them makes me excited. I think I'm going to just take my rig to a shop to install. Are there any detailed instructions out there that I could give to a shop to reference?

qKeFM9nh.jpg

vc3K8hYh.jpg

aRG0mAWh.jpg

EDIT: Interior light shots made the leather look more brown than it really is. Here's a picture showing the Mosley leather against the stock seat in outdoor light:

vG8PfUqh.jpg

My leather and heater/cooler kits arrived! Just looking at them makes me excited. I think I'm going to just take my rig to a shop to install. Are there any detailed instructions out there that I could give to a shop to reference?

qKeFM9nh.jpg

vc3K8hYh.jpg

aRG0mAWh.jpg

EDIT: Interior light shots made the leather look more brown than it really is. Here's a picture showing the Mosley leather against the stock seat in outdoor light:

vG8PfUqh.jpg

Thanks, Looks great! I just thought you had ordered the darker seats that match the dash, console, etc. but those are the stock lighter ones?

I look forward to hearing about the cooling function effectiveness and noise level, appears to be a very nice set up!

Also, How long did they take to arrive?

qKeFM9nh.jpg

vc3K8hYh.jpg

aRG0mAWh.jpg

vG8PfUqh.jpg

Looks great, you're gonna love the seat coolers. And yes, there is a 12V power wire going into the seat plug on the floor that you can get power from. Blue wire with white stripe.

Here's an EXCELLENT video on installation of these kits. It's not LC specific, but the installation process is nearly identical.

Thanks, Looks great! I just thought you had ordered the darker seats that match the dash, console, etc. but those are the stock lighter ones?

I look forward to hearing about the cooling function effectiveness and noise level, appears to be a very nice set up!

Also, How long did they take to arrive?

Yeah, I ordered the lighter stock color because I only got the front row leather. (for now). There was a little interruption in leather supply when I ordered my seats. Overall, I was around 2 weeks from the order till my order shipped. But, Cameron was very good in communication, so I didn't feel like I had been forgotten. I'll definitely post my impressions when I get them in!

Are the factory seat heaters in the 100 series still able to heat the seat well enough after installing the ventilation system?
The factory heaters are removed. These provide heat. Works well too

Old thread, new questions. I'm in the midst of a '97 restoration and looking for leather seat skins for two rows, (40th Anniv. colors or matching the door panel colors)
Cam's website prices seem to have gone through the roof. Am I missing something? Cow shortages? Demand increase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom