Seat adjustment for 96 80 (1 Viewer)

How to change gears in power seats

• Go to

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Look here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the infamous broken seat gears. There has got to be a fix in this forum somewhere. Can I get a little direction for a nubie?

This will help me to. Passenger seat gave up awhile back. Surprised driver goes in a limited way still. Of note I’ve rode in 6 other 80 series where the passenger seat wouldn’t budge, must be from lack of use. Mine are lubed and with strong motors, it’s on the to do list.

Thank you gents. More parts to order and I haven't got to the fun ones yet. :)

Seats are easy, make sure you lube all of the moving parts, I used red grease

Mine werent working because the cap screw was loose, and on one side would spin pretty freely. Before you judge the gears as being bad it is a good idea to check the cap screws and make sure they are where they are supposed to be. also once you get them where they are actually holding the gears in the right spot, you can create a set screw to hold them from spinning back out. Never had to order more gears after i screwed mine back in.

I changed the seat gears yesterday in my ‘97 FZJ80. I got the parts from Gamiviti. The end caps were missing on both sides but the gears themselves were worn. The repair was easy and both sides now work just like they did when they left the factory. The instructions on Gamiviti’s website were all I needed to tackle the job :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom