searching for 11mm knuckle studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked through the FAQ's and archives and all I seem to find is larger 12mm studs. I've got a 78 '40 and want to replace the 8 upper studs and cone washers. The PO cranked them down over 100 ft lbs and they're toast. Marlin and others show the larger ones - where do you find the 11mm's? (besides the junk pile).

I might have a handfull. How many do you need?

Probably eight at the most. I've only gotten one side off and I suspect that the other side might be in same shape. The top side is the worst, thanks to the previous owner. I don't think they've been taken off in 30 years. The cone washers were stuck badly. Even after soaking in pb blaster and beating them with a brass drift/hammer the studs loosened instead of the cones. But I got them out. threads don't look so hot. Any you have will help.

Thanks!!:cheers:

These are available new from Toyota. If you get in a bind, I have 4 I will send you from when I had a 76.

i have extras too if needed, just PM

and i may PM you about your TPI set up if thats OK ?

I've still got my old drum knuckles from before I went to the mini-truck stuff, are those the same studs? Don't make me go out and measure for you....
You can have them (the studs) but you gotta take the knuckles too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom