Scrambler Restomod. Yes it is a Jeep.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I guess its about time for a bit of a build thread. This truck belongs to a long time Jeeper that has since moved up to a 100 series.

So it started life as a frame and axles. OE frame and a pair of 20/35 axles. The rest is aftermarket parts. I will let mark fill in the details but it now has a Vortec 350 with a FIRST Fuel Injection TPI Injection on it. Its also running a SM465 and a Dana 300 t-case.

Lockers and upgraded (one piece shafts in the rear) shafts in both axles so he should be OK even with the 350.

New GM Serp setup which included all accessories. Ram Horn manifolds, 2 into 1 high flow cat, Dynomax muffler.

Now for a few pics.....

IMG_5245-800.jpg

IMG_5246-800.jpg

IMG_5251-800.jpg

Engine came out of a 94 truck and was rebuilt to stock specs. We then installed a complete TPI fuel injection setup from FIRST fuel injection. It also got a GM Perf. serp belt setup which came with all the accessories. Aluminum radiator with a pair of electric Flex-a-lite fans with built in shroud.

New Power brake setup to go with the new hydraulic clutch Master and Slave.

More Pics...

IMG_5261-800.jpg

IMG_5264-800.jpg

IMG_5265-800.jpg

Looks awesome!

I don't understand.... what's a JEEP? Looks like an ugly version of a FJ40....;) Regardless, looks like a nice build!

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth in this order... That's a nice Jeep. Really though I've seen it at the shop a few times and it really is awesome. You guys did a great job as always.

jeep or not, thats HOT! good work guys.
Just saw a super nice restored cj-8 yesterday here in town, but I think id have to go with your new and improved version there! maybe just not baby unc blue :D

Nice job guys... Scrambler looks good and seems practical for the trail or tooling around town...

I'll post a few pics in the other forum... but had to put one here - after the Jeep got a proper bath

DSC_0101.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom