Scheel-mann seat install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, now for a personal question, How ample is your behind?
I have a 48 waist, they look kinda skinny through the lumbar area.

They are "orthopedic" makes me wonder what the chances of a prescription are? LOL

They are "orthopedic" makes me wonder what the chances of a prescription are? LOL
This is actually on my list to find out.

With a spine that looks like this, we’ll see.

099C0C58-19A9-4CFC-9D37-0C7F75BC8D14.jpeg

as far as sizing goes, waist is 34-36 and it fits fine. There are many sizes of seats available, but might need to be custom ordered?? Will find out and report back. The Vario is popular for two reasons: 1. It’s stocked in the US, and 2. It’s highly adjustable, so it fits a lot of body types. Kind of a “one size fits all”, but we all know how that goes most of the time. That being said, have had 3 people at the shop sit in this one and all have been able to make it comfortable.

Pricing: I think you can get one for as little as around 1500, and they go up from there.

Stopped by the junkyard this morning and did some digging. This toggle switch came out of the a late 90s RX300 (the SUV thing) and the push button one (like wired up in this install) is from a 2000 Rx300.

toggle switch: 8475148040/50 (left and right??)
push button switch: not sure yet

IMG_2802.jpeg

OK, now for a personal question, How ample is your behind?
I have a 48 waist, they look kinda skinny through the lumbar area.

Toby at Scheel-mann says you should be good.

Or rather, how ample does your wallet need to be for this?

You can get bare-bones seat (no sliding rails, no adapter) for $1259, and it goes into orbit from there...

Toby says he knows of a few customers who have/are trying, but has not heard back as to their success yet.

I was doing a little digging on the Partsouq website. Some of the HD80's (or some variant) came with seat heaters. The switches used are part number 84751-60010. Not available on Partsouq but they're listed on eBay right now for $72.48. A bit spendy but might be worth it to know it will fit.

Very much interested in an OEM switch solution. Oak colored surround - even better!

Also, dude, what is going on with your spine?!

Very much interested in an OEM switch solution. Oak colored surround - even better!

Also, dude, what is going on with your spine?!

Are you talking about the shifter console? Those are available on our site. Or are you talking about a brown colored switch? I don't know how common those are, or if they even exist.

Spine story is a good fireside conversation.

Planted bracket bolts to existing hardware? Zero drilling or mods? This is very high on my list of needs.

The Planted bracket mimics the frame attachment points of an OEM seat, then just has a flat plate with a bunch of holes/slots for attaching various seats to it.

Are you talking about the shifter console? Those are available on our site. Or are you talking about a brown colored switch? I don't know how common those are, or if they even exist.

Spine story is a good fireside conversation.

Just keeping an eye out to utilize an OEM rocker switch in place of the coin slots. I’ve got the Scheel-Mann seats with heaters, but haven’t wired them up because I don’t like the round switches. I like your solution! I’m sure a black switch would be fine, but was curious for one with an Oak surround to match my console.

I, too, have a bum back. Plates, screws, wires, batteries... These seats are nice!

Do you guys make any adapter plates that would work with the Planted bases? I haven’t measured up, but wouldn’t mind putting a discrete extinguisher on mine.

Just keeping an eye out to utilize an OEM rocker switch in place of the coin slots. I’ve got the Scheel-Mann seats with heaters, but haven’t wired them up because I don’t like the round switches. I like your solution! I’m sure a black switch would be fine, but was curious for one with an Oak surround to match my console.

I, too, have a bum back. Plates, screws, wires, batteries... These seats are nice!

Do you guys make any adapter plates that would work with the Planted bases? I haven’t measured up, but wouldn’t mind putting a discrete extinguisher on mine.
Gotcha! Post up if you find any tan/oak switches. Would be cool to see.

Sorry to hear, back pain sucks.

Not yet, and probably won't be for a bit. We've got a few BIG products that need buttoning up before tackling anything else.

I recently had a few chunks of 3d printed titanium installed in mine.. “Wires and batteries” Are you sporting one of these (fusion stimulator) by chance?
image.jpg

I recently had a few chunks of 3d printed titanium installed in mine.. “Wires and batteries” Are you sporting one of these (fusion stimulator) by chance?
View attachment 2491812
Similar I’m sure. Fused vertebrae and a spinal cord stimulator. Million Dollar Man, but just can’t seem to run faster or jump higher...

Similar I’m sure. Fused vertebrae and a spinal cord stimulator. Million Dollar Man, but just can’t seem to run faster or jump higher...
1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg

was curious for one with an Oak surround to match my console
For what it's worth, there are brown ones. If I wasn't packed up moving, I'd dig a few out. Not sure, but I seem to recall they had them in some of the early lexus (es300, ls400). Crummy pic, but only one I could find...
Switch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom