Scheel-mann seat install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The real question is what color did you paint/powder coat the center console?

The stock rocker style switch that comes with the Scheel-Mann is cool, but is incredibly easy to accidentally switch on.

I have that switch with my Atlas leathers.

Moving shops (which leads to cleaning offices) and found this little gem pulled from junkyard (toyota, but unknown application unfortunately) some years ago. Needs to be cleaned up, but could be a good solution for controlling two seats from one hole in the shifter console.

IMG_3350 (1).jpeg

The real question is what color did you paint/powder coat the center console?

The stock rocker style switch that comes with the Scheel-Mann is cool, but is incredibly easy to accidentally switch on.

I have that switch with my Atlas leathers.
Who you askin'? Are you talking about our console for this install?

Vendors should offer a heated Vario XXL seat with armrest, hardware, and base package under the SKUs: PIMPTHRONE-L and PIMPTHRONE-R.
THIS! @Delta VS any chance of a package deal? I'm looking for exactly that set up. Although, I may have to do one at a time so the wife doesn't chew my a$$ out and I still have one to put in these incredible seats.

THIS! @Delta VS any chance of a package deal? I'm looking for exactly that set up. Although, I may have to do one at a time so the wife doesn't chew my a$$ out and I still have one to put in these incredible seats.
Email info@deltavs.com for PIMPTHRONES

I'm thoroughly happy with my Vario XXLs (and I'm only 5'10"). I think I need to go back and do some torqueing on the Planted bracket assembly, but otherwise fantastic. A trifecta of comfort, support, and cool factor doesn't come often for a fellow L5-S1 problem child.

Despite their large size, we're able to comfortably put a larger, rear-facing car seat behind the passenger side with my wife riding shotgun without any issue. She's probably 5'5" or 5'6".

Up next is a deep carpet clean or replacement and finally wiring up the heated seats and I think we've got this puppy dialed in!

It doesn't show it here, but I did end up having to take off the passenger side arm rest. It just makes contact with the center console.

View attachment 2533765

Hey did you ever figure out a way to attach the passenger arm rest? Have you thought about taking it to an upholstery shop to see if they can make it slightly thinner?

Hey did you ever figure out a way to attach the passenger arm rest? Have you thought about taking it to an upholstery shop to see if they can make it slightly thinner?
I suppose I could - hadn’t thought of that! In all reality, the center console lid is so close on the passenger side that it works fine as the arm rest. I’ve got another project that will use the upholstery shop. If I go forward with that, I’ll probably tack on the arm rest. It really only needs a half inch removed (if that).

I suppose I could - hadn’t thought of that! In all reality, the center console lid is so close on the passenger side that it works fine as the arm rest. I’ve got another project that will use the upholstery shop. If I go forward with that, I’ll probably tack on the arm rest. It really only needs a half inch removed (if that).
I thought it would be very close. I have the same seats and for symmetry I wanted the passenger arm rest too. The center console is a close match, but an armrest for the passenger would be perfect. I just didn't want to spend all the extra money to experiment. Hahah. Was surprised when I saw your picture.

I'm curious what the seat position is like with these for people in the 6'3" range. I love the landtank seat extension brackets but I still feel like my driving position becomes uncomfortable after 30 min.

My legs are too close to the dash and my arms/torso are at a comfortable distance or my legs are at a comfortable distance and my arms/torso are to far away so I have to lean forward.

I'm curious what the seat position is like with these for people in the 6'3" range. I love the landtank seat extension brackets but I still feel like my driving position becomes uncomfortable after 30 min.

My legs are too close to the dash and my arms/torso are at a comfortable distance or my legs are at a comfortable distance and my arms/torso are to far away so I have to lean forward.
Being 6'3" or even taller in my case, completely depends on your leg to torso ratio AND your subjective needs of comfort.

What I can say without a shadow of a doubt is these seats are the most comfortable seats I've sat in that could practically work in the 80 platform. I'm 6'8"

I was really drawn to this - because of my height and how low/far back these appear to sit. But good grief, a pair of these cost more than I initially paid for my Cruiser. Granted, I have dumped a ton of money into the rig at this point, but I just can't see spending the same amount on two seats as I am going to for gears and lockers for this rig. I will continue looking for other transplant or aftermarket options that can get the seat down like this.

This world was built for short people. 😆

I was really drawn to this - because of my height and how low/far back these appear to sit. But good grief, a pair of these cost more than I initially paid for my Cruiser. Granted, I have dumped a ton of money into the rig at this point, but I just can't see spending the same amount on two seats as I am going to for gears and lockers for this rig. I will continue looking for other transplant or aftermarket options that can get the seat down like this.

This world was built for short people. 😆
A good build certainly has an order of priority!! You'll come back to the seats once you finish the other mods ;)

As @NorCalFJ100 mentioned, it's not about height, it's about proportions. I am 5'10" and got the NON xxl seat. After finding out the XXL is 3" taller, I had my business partner (he's 6'0 or 6'1) sit in it thinking an XXL would be better for him. His shoulders are actually right at the top of the seat back, while my shoulders are almost exactly 3" above the top of the seat back. I am now referred to as "the hobbitses" since I apparently have short legs and long torso.

edit: also, they probably won't help short/long differences in legs/arms. What is nice about them is how far the bottom cushion can go forward. There has to be someone in the SE with a set of these you can try out.

As @NorCalFJ100 mentioned, it's not about height, it's about proportions. I am 5'10" and got the NON xxl seat. After finding out the XXL is 3" taller, I had my business partner (he's 6'0 or 6'1) sit in it thinking an XXL would be better for him. His shoulders are actually right at the top of the seat back, while my shoulders are almost exactly 3" above the top of the seat back. I am now referred to as "the hobbitses" since I apparently have short legs and long torso.

edit: also, they probably won't help short/long differences in legs/arms. What is nice about them is how far the bottom cushion can go forward. There has to be someone in the SE with a set of these you can try out.
This is me -- 5'10", short legs and long torso. I have a different aftermarket seat, but agree that the proportions make all of the difference in how the seats fit and feel. I have sat in mine for 14+ hours (less gas breaks every few hours) and felt perfect, while others want to jump out after an hour.

My wife is 5'2", I'm 6'5" - We both really like how we fit in the Vario XXLs we have.
Similar stats for me and the lady. I have sat in these seats for two back to back 10 hour days of driving and felt perfectly fine!!! These seats are amazing.

I’ll keep my eyes open, will try to find one to test. Don’t drive more than 30 min/day right now anyway. When my boys get a little older (1,3 currently) and I’m ready for some longer road trips, etc I may just have to ship it out to y’all for seats/other goodies then fly out for a cross country trip!

Moving shops (which leads to cleaning offices) and found this little gem pulled from junkyard (toyota, but unknown application unfortunately) some years ago. Needs to be cleaned up, but could be a good solution for controlling two seats from one hole in the shifter console.

View attachment 2545390
Did you get your heated seats wired up? I just purchased the Vario XXLs and the factory Toyota vertical switches. Was wondering if you used the relays and fuses from the Scheel Mann wiring kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom