Say What? Failed Texas inspection due to power steering leak (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skkppy, for the most part we have been. We started this new two steps, one sticker bull**** last year and it's getting progressively worse.
The two steep registration process has its problems. This year I actidently brought my BJ40 inspection paper with my Ford registration renewal to HEB and walked out with a sticker. It was a few weeks before I realized I had the wrong sticker on the BJ40. I peeled it off and put it on the Ford and went back with proper paperwork to get the sticker for the BJ40. Defiantly a flawed system but it worked out for me year. Saved a whopping $7.50!

I'd be willing to be that the "PS leak" that he's seeing is NOT the PS but the oil pump cover.

Bet you the fail is logged to your vin. You should go back to the same shop not a different one IMO

It’s the shop. The hood isn’t even raised on my 97 LX. They just take a very short drive, check lights, gas cap, and hook OBD to the computer. I would make sure all fittings and fasteners are tight and clean area very well and then take it to another inspection station.

Texas state inspection does not have a place on the inspection list to fail for leaking PS fluid. So he would of had to fail you for something else per the machine to say “Fail” on the print out that comes from the inspection machine itself. So I’d look at that sheet and see what it says actually failed vs what some douche said failed.

I was a state inspector in Texas for nearly a decade, lived here my whole life, and have owned over 40+ vehicles in the state ranging from brand new to dilapidated turds. I feel I am reasonably familiar with the process.

Also, your 1 free re inspect had to be done at the initial inspection station to not be charged again after a fail.

As an inspector and ase tech i can tell you that a power steering leak will fail you. i can also tell you that the state computer can NOT tell if you have a leak. You can't report them if you have a leak. It's sad that he said that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom