1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say What? Failed Texas inspection due to power steering leak

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by domn8r, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Mr Cimarron

Mr Cimarron DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT SILVER Star

The two steep registration process has its problems. This year I actidently brought my BJ40 inspection paper with my Ford registration renewal to HEB and walked out with a sticker. It was a few weeks before I realized I had the wrong sticker on the BJ40. I peeled it off and put it on the Ford and went back with proper paperwork to get the sticker for the BJ40. Defiantly a flawed system but it worked out for me year. Saved a whopping $7.50!

2. BILT4ME

BILT4ME

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd be willing to be that the "PS leak" that he's seeing is NOT the PS but the oil pump cover.

3. PDoyle

PDoyle

Bet you the fail is logged to your vin. You should go back to the same shop not a different one IMO

4. LXDOC

LXDOC

It’s the shop. The hood isn’t even raised on my 97 LX. They just take a very short drive, check lights, gas cap, and hook OBD to the computer. I would make sure all fittings and fasteners are tight and clean area very well and then take it to another inspection station.

5. CruisinFJ60

CruisinFJ60

Media:
    Albums:
    Texas state inspection does not have a place on the inspection list to fail for leaking PS fluid. So he would of had to fail you for something else per the machine to say “Fail” on the print out that comes from the inspection machine itself. So I’d look at that sheet and see what it says actually failed vs what some douche said failed.

I was a state inspector in Texas for nearly a decade, lived here my whole life, and have owned over 40+ vehicles in the state ranging from brand new to dilapidated turds. I feel I am reasonably familiar with the process.

Also, your 1 free re inspect had to be done at the initial inspection station to not be charged again after a fail.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">