saw this on a flat bed... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry, this pic was taken with a camera phone. I was cruisin in my 80 on route 95 just north of Richmond when I saw this. It said "GX" on the back (can't see it, I chopped it on accident). A brand new 200 with steel wheels and a snorkel! Probably another cool cruiser we won't get in the US. Oh well...
landcruiser 200.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the 200-series (never actually seen one in person), but those windows look armored to me. It was probably imported for this reason, now it's heading back out to be in harm's way.

Definately armored; in addition to the side windows, you can see the protection panel just inside the rear hatch.

Good spot!

I bet its going to Blackwater USA or whatever they call themselves now. They are in that neck of the woods I believe, and they have had HZJ 105's that they somehow drive here legally. :(. Too bad for the rest of us... we can't get them in.

You would think white would be a great target,maybe they should have picked a different color. Mike

You would think white would be a great target,maybe they should have picked a different color. Mike

I'm sure it will probably be painted a desert dune type color especially id it is headed back to the mid-east.

BW is more into the Nissan pick-up and the H1, or so I have been told.

Wow...very nice one...good catch!

GX is a mid trim model, out of G, GX, GXR, VXR. Definitely armored, though much more obvious than others I have seen. A good armoring job, in my opinion, should only be visible when standing next to the vehicle. The appearance of the work and ballistic protection level achieved are dependent on what company is doing the armoring and the operational requirements.

White is the most common Land Cruiser color. The snorkel is rarely seen. Xe (aka Blackwater) uses all kinds of vehicles, armored and not, all over the place (Suburbans, Tahoes, Land Cruisers). I have also seen Lincoln Town Cars, BMWs, Mercedes, and a Highlander that were armored (though not necessarily used by Blackwater).

Way to spot this!

Here is an armored LC 100, Gulf Specification for about USD 120-130,000:
Armored UZJ100  001.jpg
Armored UZJ100  002.jpg
Armored UZJ100  003.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful. Wonder if it was being prepped State side?

there is a place near fredericksburg that does some armoring. I have seen some non-us Land Cruisers in that area that are usually on rollbacks - either heading in or heading out...

bk

Please intercept one of those roll backs, give the guy a 20 (or a 6 pack or both) and get some pictures and a test drive.

I would love to have an armored LC........ then I could totally piss people off on the California Roads!

jhanley

I cant confirm it 100%, but that GX (Middle East Spec) TLC was probably from our Charleston, SC factory. More then likely a BR/FB7 or NIJ IV level since its using flat glass on the doors. Its common for us to Ship them to DC on HWY95 via flat bed as the added weight doesnt allow us to use normal car haulers.

Range Cruiser

Did you get those pictures from Al Awir in Dubai?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom