Satoshi grill on a GX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've done some searching with no luck. Anybody ever seen a Satoshi grill mod on the GX470 like some of the guys do with the 4th Gen 4Runners? I'm about to upgrade from a 4Runner to a GX and I'm planning my future mods.

but...it's a Lexus! lol

Nothing that I have seen.

My buddy and I had a discussion about the Satoshi mod on a Lexus, the thing that makes it tough is finding an emblem that doesn't make it look cheesy by being too large/small or if the font doesn't fit. I think it has a ton of potential if pulled off the right way but I don't plan on chopping mine up any time soon to find out haha. Good luck and maybe you'll start a gx satoshi revolution

Well dang. If I do it I guess I won't post it here. IMO a black mesh insert might look kinda nice instead of the 3 chrome bars. The way I'm envisioning it, the grill would look similar to the mesh spindle grill on the new Lexus models, except without the gaudy lower half of the spindle shape built into the bumper.

Scat Adams I have the same hesitation about chopping my grill up, but if I could find a spare grill for the right price I'd be willing to try it. I definitely don't want to put some hack job on the front of a Lexus.

Well dang. If I do it I guess I won't post it here. IMO a black mesh insert might look kinda nice instead of the 3 chrome bars. The way I'm envisioning it, the grill would look similar to the mesh spindle grill on the new Lexus models, except without the gaudy lower half of the spindle shape built into the bumper.
I'm just busting your chops! Post pics up when you get a GX

i have thought about it, but all the replacement or second hand grilles i have seen are well over $100, so im not about to spend that on a maybe, maybe not... im not gonna say it would look bad, i just have hesitations, and thats why i have not done it. i painted my grille to a graphite metallic color along with all other chrome

I'm just busting your chops! Post pics up when you get a GX
Haha it's all good man.

It would be nice if someone offered a mesh grill that looked like this for the GX:
upload_2015-10-13_15-4-13.png

This one is for a Lexus IS350

I've never understood the mesh grill thing, but good luck!

I plasti dipped mine to get rid of chrome ... dont mind that electrical tape on the bumper LOL

GXFlex-3.jpg

I plasti dipped mine to get rid of chrome ... dont mind that electrical tape on the bumper LOL

View attachment 1147285

I've got the same thing going on with ours, I've hummed and hawed about putting the "L" emblem back to chrome, but so far it's remained like this.

1959958_10153859442755125_32335531_n.jpg

you guys have too much free time on your hand hahahah .how about idea for a tire carrier for GX that does not require replacing the back bumper and adding so much weight to it than we can put the "L" any where on it :)))

How do you like that bug deflector? ive almost bought one 10 times in the last 2 years......

Honestly hated it, looks more purple than black in person, it got junked about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom