SatNav, DVD, CD etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is being advertised on a local website (in UK)

'Complete Landcruiser Kit - Sat Nav system - DVD player - Cd Changer (6 shuttle)- & CD Head Unit - All in working order'

Can anyone say whether this would work in an 80? Any ideas as to how easy the installation would be? Value?

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Jim,

The main challenge would be the control head. It is larger than the opening in the dash. It appears to be a unit from a 100 series. It would be cool if you could do it.

Dan

I've asked the seller to email the dimensions of the control head to see how big a hole is required. At the moment the bidding is under $150 - looks too tempting to miss out on...

I'm assuming it's from a 100 (another question I've asked the seller to clarify) since I don't believe it was ever an option with a UK 80. Does anyone out there with a 100 recognise it?

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Hey Jim,

I'm confused though (what's new?!?) Where's the nav screen? Wouldn't you need a screen?

Randy,

Good point. The control head in the picture appears to be a plain radio unit. The USA nav systems have a touch screen/radio display that looks quite a bit different.

Dan

.... Another question for the seller. I have seen systems which don't have a screen but use audio directions :dunno:
More home work required..

The radio openings on the 80 and 100 series should be double DIN's, its the roundish trim that will make it hard to install a 100 radio in an 80. One place to confirm the size is Crutchfield. They will sometimes give you what fits in your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom