Saginaw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a reman of the jeep J-20 saginaw box from autozone and it is as advertized. 4 bolt and 4 turn. I think about $120 with core exchange. :wrench: :wrench:

your freindly neighborhood parts dismantler/pick & pull

Is this the correct part #? - Model 800, Saginaw power steering box (GM part number 5691676)

I'm going to be sourcing a box soon as well so I'm just looking for confirmation.

as stated yes that is the correct part number but still check that it is 4.25 turn lock to lock if its referbished. mine is the same part number but is about 3.25 lock to lock and its a refurbished unit.

as stated yes that is the correct part number but still check that it is 4.25 turn lock to lock if its referbished. mine is the same part number but is about 3.25 lock to lock and its a refurbished unit.
Our gear box remanufacture would put up quite an argument in favor of a 3.5 turn box vs a 4.25 turn box. All of ours are dual stage valving, and evidently we can actually get better valving in the 3.5 turn box. This is quite a techy subject though, not sure I'm qualified to discuss it???

I sure love my 3.5 turn box on the trail. It's not bad on the street either--just takes a little getting used to.

I got a reman of the jeep J-20 saginaw box from autozone and it is as advertized. 4 bolt and 4 turn. I think about $120 with core exchange. :wrench: :wrench:
I went to Advance at paid $136 for the exact same box. 3/4 input.

I went to Advance at paid $136 for the exact same box. 3/4 input.
Got it today, came in a 3 bolt casting. I returned it and am trying to find one with a 4 bolt casting. Once again, a crap shoot. the part number I ordered was 27-6507 for a '77-'79 J20.

I went to Autozone today and got a Model 800 Saginaw power steering box GM part number 5691676 for $159.00. The cool thing was that I called prior to going, and the let me use my nasty old LC 1969 steering box with shaft attached as a core. They get a $70.00 core charge with no core. Beats a sharp stick in the eye! Works for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom