saginaw pitman arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pipsquack4wheelers.com
trying to source a shorter pitman arm for my saginaw gearbox. the one i have on there now is about 6.5" from center to center need one about 3" to 4" any ideas of what vehicle year make model i could get this off of

Three to four inch?

That is pretty short....not going to give you a lot of travel..

Is your steering gear mounted up front, conventional saginaw conversion style, or something else?

Shortest arm that I have/ have seen was 4.75-5", center to center....I can look in the morning, but that is a pretty short...

-Steve

Post up pics of your Saginaw pitman arm, and what it came off, if you know!

Take the lead there Hawk!

:beer:

Thanks!

As promised. ;)

Not sure where it came from but it conveniently has the hole for the stock stabilizer. Anyone know where this mystery arm came from?

My prob is that my turning radius is way wide and getting a longer arm seems like the easiest solution. Not sure what box it is and I havn't checked the lock to lock ratio cuz I'm lazy and afraid it'll tell me I need a different box. So, would you recommend the longer arm Poser?

Hijack over. :D
IMG_0056.JPG

here is a pic of mine yours would be better on mine i moved the front axle forward 4" now when axle articulates hits tie rod. i think this is off a jeep but not sure the guy i bought the set up from built nothing but heeps so that is my guess the box is a 4 bolt 4 turn. regardless to what i get hawk you can have mine just pay for the ride.

Last edited:
Hawk Driver

Not sure if it would help you any, but I have one off a Scout/Saginaw box thats pretty long. Apparently, I'll need something shorter when I do my P/S conversion this winter, but at this time, not sure what will work for me. Yours for the ride. Al

Hawk-

I am bettin' modified stock pitman arm...

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom