Sadie's 140 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What mods did you choose to make? I see a GM v8 and manual transmission. I also see the coil springs, did you switch to the 80 series axles?
Theres a whole lot to list, but thinking of broad categories:
-LS3/6L80
-Trail Tailor 80 coil conversion, ARB lockers
-Paint/body refinish
-New interior/new seats/new audio system
-Baja Designs lights and new roof rack
-Wheels/tires
-So many other miscellaneous items along the way

Theres a whole lot to list, but thinking of broad categories:
-LS3/6L80
-Trail Tailor 80 coil conversion, ARB lockers
-Paint/body refinish
-New interior/new seats/new audio system
-Baja Designs lights and new roof rack
-Wheels/tires
-So many other miscellaneous items along the way

I think you missed 20 or so line items............. HA!

Jason
TT

Thanks! When all was said and done, it was well over 100k but I went overboard with the details and this was based on pre-covid pricing. Jason at Trail Tailor can give you updated pricing since it varies so much with how much you want done on (and I am sure labor rates have changed).
Thanks! When all was said and done, it was well over 100k but I went overboard with the details and this was based on pre-covid pricing. Jason at Trail Tailor can give you updated pricing since it varies so much with how much you want done on (and I am sure labor rates have changed).
Cool beans ! Thanks for being truthful but I have so more questions for about the supenditions
Cool beans ! Thanks for getting back to me and being truthful about the cost. My cruiser is about half way to where I want to take it so I can get another 33 years out of her. I’m thinking about up grading the suspension system. I’m running a 3 inch lift OME (Old Man Emu) on the old girl. But want to ask you on the front and rear end up grades you have done. So here is a list of questions for about your suspension:
1) I see you went to an FJ80 front suspension system. How big was the difference was there in ride quantity. I know quantity is hard to define. Simple and vague words to come to mind. For example great, more better, good or fair. I find these words to vague to justify the cost of a huge suspension up grade on the cruiser. If we use a scale from 0-10. With a 0 being Jeep style death wobble , 4 or 5 would normal stock ride with four leaf springs. Firm and bumpy but do able. A 10 would be like riding on a cloud.
2) How would you describe the ride qualities of the four leaf spring before the FJ80 and after. Was there a road or trail that you drove on at a specific speed and could feel a difference in the ride and handling quality?
3) did you have to switch out the FJ60s differentials for FJ80s differentials? Or could you reuse the FJ60 differentials?
4) what type of shocks are you running?
5) what was done to the rear suspension ? Still running leaf springs or coil springs ?
6) cost of just the suspension up grade ?

Thanks
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom