Rubithon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No posts, no threads, no builds, anyone coming this year ??

I'm coming in on the Wagon run, doing some routine maintenance to get ready...

20240318_141954.jpg

Thats good news, put your head back on & we'll see you there.

I'll be on the Wagon Run. Just need to get my RCVs back in, skids on and coilovers burned in. Oh, and shop. I need food

Rubithon info can always be found on the TLCA web site... www.TLCA.org. Also, Rubithon has its own site... JOIN US FOR THE 36th ANNUAL RUBITHON - Rubithon - https://rubithon.com/

new dates June 25 to 30th... these dates will remain tight according to Chairman Ross Woody, and allow another week of good snow melt.

the Rubithon registration page is live... REGISTRATION - Rubithon - https://rubithon.com/registration/ and as noted, primary runs are filling rapidly.

- who has a Karaoke machine they can bring in for Friday night??

Thinking about karaoke on the Rubicon reminds me of the Beastie Boys version of Bennie and the Jets. I'd pay a couple bucks to sit and listen to people do that

I actually think a band would be better

Just thought a TTT was in order, anyone planning on Rubithon ? Lets go..........

I think we scared them all. Then again, most of the personalities I've come accross up there aren't huge talkers nor posters. Regardless, it'll be a good time for everyone

Rubithon info can always be found on the TLCA web site... www.TLCA.org. Also, Rubithon has its own site... JOIN US FOR THE 36th ANNUAL RUBITHON - Rubithon - https://rubithon.com/

new dates June 25 to 30th... these dates will remain tight according to Chairman Ross Woody, and allow another week of good snow melt.

the Rubithon registration page is live... REGISTRATION - Rubithon - https://rubithon.com/registration/ and as noted, primary runs are filling rapidly.

- who has a Karaoke machine they can bring in for Friday night??
Hey Tony what about some Trail Talk with Tony tours this year ? There are so many things there that most have no clue about .

I'll be leading a group again. I did the original dates last year and there were a lot of camping spots. I expect it to be more crowded this June.

Trail Talk with Tony... got a nice ring to it. Have I done that at Rubithon??

Thanks to Mark and Maria Barnes, I have the good fortune to serve as caretaker a few weeks each summer allowing them some extra time outside the Springs. During my stints as caretaker and over the years, I have gained a lot of historical information about the area. I began providing short guided tours to various groups who stop and camp in Rubicon Soda Springs. I talk about the original hotel, the original fire pit area, the original cabins, the springs and bottling operations, the cultural heritage sites and our protection there of, arrow heads and even the USGS Survey Marker.
Last summer I actually had the bear interrupt one of my tours and I blazenly ran him off... much to the surprise and astonishment of the folks present.

I have many stories from my caretaker experiences, hope to pen them some day for Trails. But why have me do it when we have Mark and/or Maria present? By the way, they truly enjoy the TLCA events including the people, that is why they're always at Rubithon.

Trail Talk with Tony... got a nice ring to it. Have I done that at Rubithon??

Thanks to Mark and Maria Barnes, I have the good fortune to serve as caretaker a few weeks each summer allowing them some extra time outside the Springs. During my stints as caretaker and over the years, I have gained a lot of historical information about the area. I began providing short guided tours to various groups who stop and camp in Rubicon Soda Springs. I talk about the original hotel, the original fire pit area, the original cabins, the springs and bottling operations, the cultural heritage sites and our protection there of, arrow heads and even the USGS Survey Marker.
Last summer I actually had the bear interrupt one of my tours and I blazenly ran him off... much to the surprise and astonishment of the folks present.

I have many stories from my caretaker experiences, hope to pen them some day for Trails. But why have me do it when we have Mark and/or Maria present? By the way, they truly enjoy the TLCA events including the people, that is why they're always at Rubithon.
I know I would very much enjoy something like this. As you are keenly aware in your other roles, history is important

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom