RPM meter for B series engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently had a 15B engine installed into a KZJ71; formally a 1kz-te.

How can I have a rpm meter got the B series engine?

The clock set I am using had the rpm meter, but it's from a 22r petrol engine.

I know I can use an aftermarket digi or analogue meter from places like auto meter, but would prefer to use original clock set.

the pick up signal is from the fly wheel...if you are lucky, you will have a threated hole on the bell housing . I think it is on passenser side (lhd).

The B never had a OEM tachomenter....closest thing would be from a 3B but the sensor screws into the bell housing which the B does not have a port for.

A 15b should have it's speed sensor in the injection pump, you should be able to use a tacho out of any other vehicle that has a speed sensor in it's injection pump.

the pick up signal is from the fly wheel...if you are lucky, you will have a threated hole on the bell housing . I think it is on passenser side (lhd).

Unlucky! there's no hole.

The B never had a OEM tachomenter....closest thing would be from a 3B but the sensor screws into the bell housing which the B does not have a port for.

Yep. no port.

A 15b should have it's speed sensor in the injection pump, you should be able to use a tacho out of any other vehicle that has a speed sensor in it's injection pump.

The 3L engine! Well have the diesel tachi gauge but I dont know how to connect it up to the injection pump.

Any idea welcome.

Look up tiny tach diesel I use this on red digital and connects to injector pipe no. 1

Yes, I seen that and on RED. This will be last resort.

Here's the one we have used and recommended for some time. It comes with the pickup assembly that uses the alternator. Pretty easy install and works well.

Summit Racing.com 1-800-230-3030
Autometer-Tach(Mini-diesel/SportComp) #3788

Yes i seen that one. Thanks.

The sender unit has 2 wires comming out of it, so hopefully just find a diesel gauge and hook it up!

The 2 wired from the fuel pump sender unit are coloured green and red/black.

Anyone any more info?

There is a 75 series operating on 12v so intend to trace the wiring.

Cicaks option is becoming more appealing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom