12v starter for B motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve lost my starter. Put it on a starter/alternator repair shop and the proprietor has gotten terminally ill. Haven’t been able to recover the starter(as of yet). If I can’t, what options are out there?
Hard to enjoy the beast when it just sits there gathering pollen.

28100-56190
1980 to 1989 depending on continent.
Check the numbers in photo as this was/is a common part. Some lawn movers!!!
17105845988656082832118881355655.jpg

Hey, Squash. I have been able to get with the woman who runs the shop. She tore the unit sown and found that the armature got shorted. as well as the solenoid needing repair. Evidence of someone having messed around inside it in the past as well. Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday at her shop of the unit. One shows the only numbers visible on the unit. What I've found so far is the part # might be either 28100-56020 or -56021. Available from Japan for a princely sum. $1355.00 USD. Woof

starter.jpg

numberson starter.jpg

Keep an eye on that starter. You should be able to get reman in US. The shell is near unobtanium for cast iron (ala 40/42 series). You could mine the copper and forge the steel to make a new one at $1355

You got that right! The woman us very confident that she'll make it work just fine.

I have a starter like that from a BJ40 shoot me a PM
Hey roma. Sorry for delay. was busy with house stuff and just got back to thinking about the Donkey. I've attached a couple of pics of my starter. It's at a shop which isn't having much luck finding repair parts. The rotor is shorted which is the major issue. How do I PM you, btw.

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

I'm about to give this one up. I have searched to no avail for a starter. Been down since late January. The local shop can't find any parts that'll repair mine. The advice on the various available starters that only need a nose change has been helpful except none of them have the magnetic switch connectors that my engine is set up for. (28150-56020 or 56021.) If anyone out there has swapped out a different type of starter on a '75 B engine, I'd greatly appreciate advice and even a wiring diagram to get this fixed. My next resort is to load it up and take to someone who'll swap to a gasoline engine & transmission setup. I'd hate to lose the diesel though.
Ideas???

Communicate with Precision Power in Michigan.
They helped me not long ago.
precision

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom