Roundup Critique thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
OK, lets not just post great event here, now what I want to know, is, what your likes and dislkes were, what we can do to make it better..........now if you have attended multiple TLCA runs, and wish to, let us know how it ranks.........for instance Frydaddy told me it was in the top 3 and he don't know how many he has attended......and I don't want is anyone slamming another event here.
Butch

I have been to a ferw events and this year and last years are the 2 single best ever... and this year was better than last!

My only suggesstion would be a FAQ on registration covering things like tarps for shade, sun screen etc.. I was covered after last year but I saw a few cooked people. That sun is hard!

agreed....campground expectations would be nice, distance for fuel (bring a can versus driving to town), no sunscreen (yeah, us northerners don't much need that)....

missed a dash plaque....trivial piece, but we save those forever....

For my part, I didn't feel that my registration went as smooth as last year's. I think that's 'cause Ronnie was able to be a lot closer to the action last year, so my info going into the 05 LSCR was not as complete as before. Also, I failed to reach out to ur vendors and get info from them for the packets. I had some JK Customs stuff left over, so some packets had that, but I should have checked with DD to see if he wanted a flyer added...so, sorry about that.

How did folks feel about the Friday night meal/raffle/band? Was it nice to do it like that, or would folks prefer to keep that as an ! when the last of the trails have been run on Saturday?

Woody...I'd be happy to hook you up with a plaque from last year (I still owe you for the ice), just pm me a mailing address. :)

for those who travel LONG distances, Fri night is much preferred for the partee...we coulda been home and I'da made work today if we didn't have to deal with the Lemon in St Louis....

woody said:
for those who travel LONG distances, Fri night is much preferred for the partee...we coulda been home and I'da made work today if we didn't have to deal with the Lemon in St Louis....

I was dead set against the Friday nite thing, mainly cause it prevented some locals, from coming down on Sat and atttending, but, it freed Sat up for the event guys to wheel and relax and recover before tear down and loading to go home, and the Raffle/Party is for the paid attendees anyway, so I am 100% behind the Friday nite from now on.
Butch

Garth, I did have some packet stuff but I handed it out as I crunched along. GSMTR sets a date for all vendors to submit stuff for the packets.

The Friday night was perfect overall but I do think it started a bit early. Maybe 6PM?

BTW: I gave out 5 TLCA memberships with the intention of the 5 winners getting with me after the raffle but none did. if any of you knows any of the 5 winners please have them contact me.

Friday seemed to work good for the raffle/BBQ/band. The wife and I took off to Fredricksburg Saturday for shopping and lunch (her part of the vacation) and we didn't feel rushed to get back to camp for dinner or anything and weren't up late the night before breaking down camp.

Our group Thursday morning was pretty big and really had a lot of down time....maybe breaking up into smaller groups would help.

Are there any aerial maps of the trails or trail entrances?

maps...good point....one other thing that woulda been nice...not that I wasn't guided around mostly, but even our guides had occasional times where they were hunting for trails.

Improvements

I would be willing to pay more for registration if the number of trucks in a group would be limited to around 10. Those 25-30 truck groups really are cumbersome.

Steve Smith

I really liked the Friday night move because folks from far away were able to attend.

Was the caterer different this year? The BBQ wasn't quite as good as last year, IMO.

We missed having ice for sale up in front of the camp like last year.

Any chance the Kruse's are going to be adding a water hose up in front?

This was the most fun! What a kick ass event. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it happen.

Greg Thompson

I've only been to 2 LSLC events, this year's Roundup and last year's. Both were great. I liked having the party on Friday night because I had to head back both times on Saturday. I loved the band. Will there be any CDs for sale at the next chapter meeting? Forgot to get one. I wasn't real crazy about the BBQ. It could be that since I was one of the last ones in line I got the cold dregs. What about getting guys that have one of those smokers on a trailer next time? Or we could do it ourselves. Put a pig on a spit or something. I'd volunteer to work on that. There wouldn't be as much time for wheeling though.

We are listening, keep them coming.......but the BBQ comments?
I have as many saying it was better than last year....as are saying it was not as good.....I loved it, but was really hungry........as far as us doing it....no f'n way AFAI am concerned.......

We tried to make the groups smaller, it was the individuals that like to start off small and they end up all in the same group. Funny, on Friday I had 44 rigs on my trail and we rolled. Itwas crazy, but fun times.

BBQ sucked. Hard 8 next year or bust :D

FAQ on the area is a great idea. We had big plans on the website, but that did not play out. I think we will just do a MUD forum with FAQ next year.

Raffle time was a typo. Sorry about that. My bad.

Next year we will have ice and a garbage dumpster. Butch also had a great idea about trying to get a fuel tank out there as well.

Lots of great stuff. Keep it coming!

The Roundup is hands down the best TLCA event I've been to, and I would say that even if I hadn't won $500. Hell, I said it last year. Peter Brown (who rode down with me) was kind of luke warm on a second Roundup, why go back, we've already done it? After the event this year he can't wait to go back. You all are a damned fine bunch and you attract likewise wheelers.

Suggestions, not many.

Hard 8 at the barbecue. Show 'em the best Texas barbecue you can. Cooper's would suffice also.

Garbage cans.

Divide the groups up. Make everyone walk to a spot for ride #1, #2, or #3. See how balanced the groups are and even them out if you can. There are plenty of people on those easier rides that need to be convinced to move up a notch.

Have a map of the Saturday "wheel" around the property available so anyone can do it anytime. Maybe a bit of history included for perspective. Maybe a map of the property in general too.

That's it.

Compliments especially on the trail leaders. You all are awesome and even made me look like I know how to wheel.

Fantastic job. One more suggestion: hold the Roundup twice a year!

TJK

woody said:
but even our guides had occasional times where they were hunting for trails.

hey now!! I resemble that remark... :doh:

The one thing that I saw was that our Thursday Night "Pot Luck" fizzled due to lack of communication. That has become a pretty fun tradition and I think we should make sure that everyone who wants to participate is aware.

Dude, the Thursday night potluck was over at Woody's place by the bunkhouse. Pasta, curds, actual cheese :), egg rolls, cheese sticks, chicken, tortillas, brats, on and on. Good stuff!

TJK

Kaderabek said:
Dude, the Thursday night potluck was over at Woody's place by the bunkhouse. Pasta, curds, actual cheese :), egg rolls, cheese sticks, chicken, tortillas, brats, on and on. Good stuff!

TJK

OK there was a definent lack of communication here, but ain't no thang, we had chili at the LSLC tent, and the Mississippi boyz had shrimp at their campsite.

The guides, maps crowded runs will go away as soon as more of us find our way aroudn K Rocks, remember this is a really new venue and a long way from most of LSLC's members, very few DFW folks know their way around the property totally......

Another thing we LSLC guys were noticing, at BHCC, Moab etc. our party tent is party central headquarters, but at our own event it is more or less ignored :confused: :confused:
Maybe one of the visiting clubs needs to step up at our event and be the "party" central"
Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom