Roundup Critique thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could be wrong but I think that last part is just a habit that some folks develop at other TLCA (and non-TLCA) events. I'll admit to being a bit of a loner and I tend to stray from the pack at events, especially as the evening wears on. But Peter Brown and I hung out and had fun at the Round Up, even managed to mooch some damned fine food all three nights. And we night wheeled -- unheard of! We're reformed!

TJK

This is great feedback, keep it coming!!!!

Over the past two years we have learned alot about fine tuning the event, here are a few of my thoughts:

Trash- Next year we are planning on having a large dumpster onsite. After hauling out several truckloads of garbage off the property on Sunday, this is a must.

Toilets- There were not enough this year, even after we had two additional brought in. Not to mention they never had enough toilet paper in them. This WILL change.

Ice- We need to have the ice maching onsite for next year.

BBQ Dinner- I was unimpressed, but I have never enjoyed the raffle food in Moab or Black Hills. Another option to look into for next year is having Fred's cater the dinner. Terry does this sort of stuff all the time. He is willing to travel and has differnt options like BBQ, Mexican, or good old Fred's Burgers.

Trails- I have to take responsibility for this. This was my first time heading this up and I didn't do a very good job of it. Next year we will have more options each day. Like Butch mentioned earlier, this property is still rather new for most of us. Next year we will definatly have smaller groups. Shane and Randy will not have to carry the bulk of the responsibility on this.

Keep bringing on the ideas........

Cheers,

tp

fj40tom said:
This is great feedback, keep it coming!!!!

Trails- I have to take responsibility for this. This was my first time heading this up and I didn't do a very good job of it. Next year we will have more options each day. Like Butch mentioned earlier, this property is still rather new for most of us. Next year we will definatly have smaller groups. Shane and Randy will not have to carry the bulk of the responsibility on this.

Keep bringing on the ideas........

Cheers,

tp

Shane and Randy were AWESOME. Couldn't ask for better trail leaders. Make sure they are gonna be back, fo sho.

65swb45 said:
Confirmed sighting of the little man:

Hell. I think his cousin is shorter than he is!

After last year I told Roger (GSMTR) that yall had set the bar a little higher and that they were going to have to kick it up a notch. Guess what? Friday night band and free beer at this years GSMTR!

This is the second year us Mississippi boys have attended this event and we have put it on our calendars for years to come. I do have one suggestion to the band: let the wanna be singers get up there during the first set! I think we might be able to remember the words before the break! Also the guy who played the guitar over at Nolen's needs to be on after the band quits. He was great!!!!! I could have listened to him all night.

Later,

Bodean said:
After last year I told Roger (GSMTR) that yall had set the bar a little higher and that they were going to have to kick it up a notch. Guess what? Friday night band and free beer at this years GSMTR!

This is the second year us Mississippi boys have attended this event and we have put it on our calendars for years to come. I do have one suggestion to the band: let the wanna be singers get up there during the first set! I think we might be able to remember the words before the break! Also the guy who played the guitar over at Nolen's needs to be on after the band quits. He was great!!!!! I could have listened to him all night.

Later,

Thank you Jeff. .

Last edited:
My only sugestions were already covered. Put an LSLC sign at least at the park entrance, maybe even at the highway, and give Garth a little more help at registration.

Otherwise, you guys did a great job and I had an fabulous time! Great event!! I didn't have to pay for supper all week. The wheeling was awesome! Some good spotters and help on the trails. Super raffle. :D Lots of friendly people. It was nice to put faces with names. I look forward to coming back. And, I get to hear Mark again in about a month!

Chris Hatfield, TLCA#2768
Ad Sales Manager, Toyota Trails
Cruise Moab Committe Member
Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club of Colorado

I have talked to several people that would like to see a ride sticker.

Bodean said:
I have talked to several people that would like to see a ride sticker.

WTF is a ride sticker????

A LSCR decal?
Butch

Texican said:
WTF is a ride sticker????

A LSCR decal?
Butch

You know, the little sticker you gat at the fair to ride all of the rides. Nolen might not meet the height requirements on some of the rides though.

(Yes a LSCR decal)

Later,

I thought the BBQ was mediocre at best.

The suggestion about more centrally locating the LSLC tents/kegerator is a good one. Having a central gathering place will likely lead to more gathering. :)

I thought we did a better job of having somewhat organized trail runs this year, but there were too few, and that led to some over crowding. Even rudimentary maps would solve some of that since groups would be more able to go out on their own. Maybe LSLC could do a run there other times of the year so we can get more trail leaders and be more familiar with the area. I would even be willing to setup a working weekend to better mark/label the trails prior to the event.

I was bummed I didn't do the Powder-Puff run this year. I was looking forward to that. Although the wife was relieved. :rolleyes:

Registration was good, but more vendor participation would be cool as well.

Todd's picture idea is not bad. I've seen guys do this at the NHRA races, and make quite a bit of $. We have enough photogs in the DFW chapter that this is a decent $ opportunity for someone. The person would need to have a few lackeys with them to go out on the different runs, but I think its do-able.

Jeff,

You have had two years of Roundup PLUS all your college days to learn the words to that damn song. Getting you up any earlier ain't gonna help you one single bit, so quit blaming it on the beer. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Seriously, I will talk to the coordinators for next year and we will make some chanegs to the music event to better involve the "David Allen Coe's" and "Jimi Hendrix's" in the group.

Jim

elmariachi said:
Jeff,

You have had two years of Roundup PLUS all your college days to learn the words to that damn song. Getting you up any earlier ain't gonna help you one single bit, so quit blaming it on the beer. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Seriously, I will talk to the coordinators for next year and we will make some chanegs to the music event to better involve the "David Allen Coe's" and "Jimi Hendrix's" in the group.

Jim

I'm stickin' with blaming the beer thing. It always works although some people are just waiting to see if I screw it up. Think of the cheers I will get if I remember all the words! Seriously, yall are great! Don't change a thing!

Later,

Man, this group is more picky about their BBQ than anything! I'm sure there are some expert smokers in the group and I noticed the Kruses had a HUGE 7ft or so smoker.....

I will say that the Aggie highway run that Nolen ran was huge but was the quickest I've ever been through it.

My suggestion is more kegs.....

I agree with the central party tent thing... I liked that last year and I even got told I looked like a wondering drunk once cause I was lookin for the party(thanx Butch) :D

I miss the dash places I guess that makes me old :eek:

Bar-b-q was Ok but I was HUNGERY ...Rudys will be better

I will run Aggie hwy with stockers one or two days nexted year ... I want to run water fall at least once ....smaller groups will rock but I know its hard to do

All and all I think it was a great event ...hell I made it more that half a day this year :beer:

To all the LSLC crew who put this on-THANKS!

It was great seeing Ashley wheel her 80....& me too!

-More signs for incoming groups, main highway needs one.
-Band last year seemed to play longer....maybe my imagination???

*as far as trail runs, LSLC feel free to ask for more trail guides...Nolen right after the start of Aggie Hwy asked Ashley to lead.....I know Nolen not a 5+ trail to much open land....it was great sight 40+ trucks....hahaha!

(ask folks who have been couple of years to lead runs & break up group size, I would certainly volunter & make everyone seem to not have as large of groups)

Next year....already in vacation plans!!!

LilRicky said:
Maybe LSLC could do a run there other times of the year so we can get more trail leaders and be more familiar with the area.

Fantastic Idea!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom