Roundup Critique thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only suggestion that we have is to coordinate with the school spring breaks. I realize this could be a pain with so many different times that different schools take off, but a week later and I would have been there all week! Also, don't let me sit so close to the keg next year.

One thing new to add is better signs to locate K-Rocks itself. Now that i've been there I could find it easy, but their sign was hard to see at 9:30 PM. Katemcy Ranch, Katemcy Rd. , Kruze Rd.... :confused: Confusing for a first timer.

The laid back atmosphere was great. I enjoyed runnung into the bigger groups. Gave my kids some break times.

Now to reverse the roles. As an "ass" member what can my wife and I do to help out next year? Marde mentioned to me she'd like to help with registration. We can't make all the meetings but between this forum and the mailing list we should be able to keep up with things.

Chris

M-80 said:
As an "ass" member what can my wife and I do to help out next year? Marde mentioned to me she'd like to help with registration. We can't make all the meetings but between this forum and the mailing list we should be able to keep up with things.

Chris

According to Nolen, this was his last year as the LSCR coordinator. I've told him that if he goes, I go...so if he, indeed, is passing the torch, then someone will need to step up and handle registration in my place for '06.

I volunteered to "help" with registration for the first LSCR, and that equated to being a one-man-registration circus...well, actually, lots of folks helped out, but it came to me to organize it all. (I enjoyed it, too, quite a bit.)

So, if your up to it, I'd be happy to pass along all of the registration tips/materials etc. to anyone wanting to take it on!

Oh, and we don't start discussing this at meetings until November or so.

As to the trail congestion:
I will volunteer to take/spot a newbie/stocker group (aka the bottom bangers) on Aggie Hiway or cotton bales each morning, Right after not quite stock group. If the main runs leave at 9:30 the stockers will leave at 10:00. That would spread out the traffic on the less difficult trails.

I told Nick S that I would sponsor the Dash plaques next year (within reason).

I know they are dorky but I think we need name tags or at least name tags on the rigs windshield or something. I met a lot of people and spent most of the week refering to people as "dude" because I suck with names.

Maybe we could move registration to where the party was and move the party over near where registration was....Just an thought.

We need to advertise the Wagon train better next year. The river crossing in the canyon (sort of) would have been a great spot for a lunch stop and a swim/wade.

Each year is better than the one before it.

Last edited:
Garth1 said:
According to Nolen, this was his last year as the LSCR coordinator. I've told him that if he goes, I go...so if he, indeed, is passing the torch, then someone will need to step up and handle registration in my place for '06.

I'm out as LSLC pres in Jan also, so the entire affair will have new leadership, fear not, for we 3 will be in the wings to assure the same great event if not better.......... :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Party tent needs to be where Kowboy's tent was with Keg. It had no keg, therefore no visitors.

We will fix the BBQ, Ice, maybe get some gas, more porta johns, and we will rent a BIG ASS dumpster.

Band needs to play longer, I agree.

This stuff will all be here next year when we plan it out. Thanks for the input.

wngrog said:
Party tent needs to be where Kowboy's tent was with Keg. It had no keg, therefore no visitors..

Might want to clear that with Kowboy. He was grumpy enough as it was!

We will fix the BBQ, Ice, maybe get some gas, more porta johns, and we will rent a BIG ASS dumpster..[/QUOTE]

:bounce:

Band needs to play longer, I agree..[/QUOTE]

There are alternatives. ;)

This stuff will all be here next year when we plan it out. Thanks for the input.[/QUOTE]

It's all good Nolen. :cheers:

65swb45 said:
Might want to clear that with Kowboy. He was grumpy enough as it was!

There are alternatives. ;)

Yeah, Kowboy was Grumpy. I even got snapped at for joining his circle to the tune of "One more person shows up over here and I'm throwing a bucket of water on this fire." :D Water offa ducks back for me, I like him grumpy.

Alternatives. Yep, if you will be there next year we will arrange for many more people to enjoy your talents on the guitar. Let us know!

Garth1 said:
Yeah, Kowboy was Grumpy. I even got snapped at for joining his circle to the tune of "One more person shows up over here and I'm throwing a bucket of water on this fire." :D Water offa ducks back for me, I like him grumpy.

I was the first one to roll through the gate 'cause I knew where the White Trash Commune was gonna be set-up. Thanks to all that ventured into our little area. I'm not really grumpy .... I'm just friendly in a unique way! :) Reckon I do come across a little harsh if you don't know me and I'll be the first to apologize to anyone I may have offended.

My .02 on the group size and trail maps is that the property lends itself better to small groups just going out and playing rather than the more traditional trail runs. It really is impossible to get lost out there and I think this should be emphasized more in a pre-event FAQ post so people know what to expect. The Elwood Chapter wheeled all weekend and had a great time by avoiding the groups. As far as the ice goes, it's a great idea but I think it would be difficult to actually have a large enough supply on hand to meet the demand for the whole weekend.

As far as next year and event personnel changes go, whoever does take over please consider The White Trash for the tech inspection and the raffle. We had a great time and would consider it an honor to continue the tradition. I ain't sure what type of fundraiser we'll have for next year but I promise it will be in true White Trash form. :D

You could ask visiting clubs to help with specific tasks. For instance, somone from CottonLand could lead a group each day on Aggie Hwy or Cotton Bales next year. We had a good group both years so far, and I am sure we will be there again next year. Several other clubs were there in numbers, and could help out as a group.

KOWBOY said:
As far as next year and event personnel changes go, whoever does take over please consider The White Trash for the tech inspection and the raffle. :D

You did a damn good job of training your son indeed. He ended up asking more questions than you did.

BTW, did anyone else have the metal TLCA permanent seal of approval?

KOWBOY said:
Reckon I do come across a little harsh if you don't know me and I'll be the first to apologize to anyone I may have offended.

You couldn't have been nicer to me and I don't mean just the raffle. I felt 100% welcome (odd for me).

TJK

I'd also like to say that this thread existing and begun by a LSLC member speaks volumes about how much Lone Star cares about this event and how you feel about it. This goes a hell of along way with me. Hats off....

TJK

65swb45 said:
You did a damn good job of training your son indeed. He ended up asking more questions than you did.

BTW, did anyone else have the metal TLCA permanent seal of approval?

Thank you.

And no, you had the only TLCA tag. Nice piece of history.

Confirmed sighting of the little man:
MVC-012S.JPG

I thought the food was decent enough. Moab food is certainly not better. That being said, I agree with Jason on a more organized central LSLC tent location with all of our members hanging in one area. Where ever that location is, it would be nice to have the band close by along with the food and raffle just to keep everyone close by. I noticed that everyone is getting pretty spread out camping and seem to be doing their own thing at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom