Roof Rack Install Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When installing the Prinsu rack, I was hyperfocused on not allowing the bolt insert to fall into the headliner. I used silicone around the insert like the pics below., then pressed the Prinsu spacer on top of it. The seal is waterproof. What I didn't do, like the Prinsu Video mentioned, was put a dab of silicone into the insert where the bolt threads into. Water shouldn't make its way down the threads right? I really don't want to remove those bolts again.. wondering if this is good enough. Truck sits in the garage but I live in the PNW..

PXL_20231210_224213674.jpg

PXL_20231210_224224979.jpg

Silicone.jpg

Spacer Silicone.jpg

Not to be a downer but you know the old saying if it can go wrong ..it will go wrong, especially since you're in PNW not Scottsdale.

I did the same thing….so far so good….. doing both is like belts and suspenders …..

It has been doing fine for the last 2-3 yrs ….but I am in SoCal though….

When installing the Prinsu rack, I was hyperfocused on not allowing the bolt insert to fall into the headliner. I used silicone around the insert like the pics below., then pressed the Prinsu spacer on top of it. The seal is waterproof. What I didn't do, like the Prinsu Video mentioned, was put a dab of silicone into the insert where the bolt threads into. Water shouldn't make its way down the threads right? I really don't want to remove those bolts again.. wondering if this is good enough. Truck sits in the garage but I live in the PNW..

View attachment 3503918

View attachment 3503919

View attachment 3503922

View attachment 3503924

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom