Prinsu roof rack bolt threads fell thru (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was trying to fix the slow drip of water I had coming down from the prinsu roof rack mount on the driver's side front by the seat belt area and when I went to put the bolts back in, I noticed that the threads had fallen down. No amount of magnets or wiggling got them back up. Now I have tape and silicone covering those holes until I can find a solution. It doesn't seem like taking the headliner completely off will help me. Is there a part I can buy so that the bolts will catch thread? Anybody have some ideas? I already contacted prinsu for their thoughts as well. Thanks in advance.

Was trying to fix the slow drip of water I had coming down from the prinsu roof rack mount on the driver's side front by the seat belt area and when I went to put the bolts back in, I noticed that the threads had fallen down. No amount of magnets or wiggling got them back up. Now I have tape and silicone covering those holes until I can find a solution. It doesn't seem like taking the headliner completely off will help me. Is there a part I can buy so that the bolts will catch thread? Anybody have some ideas? I already contacted prinsu for their thoughts as well. Thanks in advance.
I was able to reposition the bracket enough to get a bolt threaded by partially dropping the headliner. If you think a longer bolt will help you it’s a M8x1.25 Thread. Maybe a pick with a hooked end might help. Not sure if the rack is now in your way, adding to the difficulty. In the future I recommend a longish m8 stud from Amazon to screw into the bracket after you remove a bolt.

I made this mistake a few years ago and ended up using a nursert and copious amounts of non hardening sealant. In hindsight I wish I would have just peeled back the headliner and fished out the captive plate. Still might someday 👍🏻

I was able to reposition the bracket enough to get a bolt threaded by partially dropping the headliner. If you think a longer bolt will help you it’s a M8x1.25 Thread. Maybe a pick with a hooked end might help. Not sure if the rack is now in your way, adding to the difficulty. In the future I recommend a longish m8 stud from Amazon to screw into the bracket after you remove a bolt.
Thank you. Dropping the headliner grants access to the area where the threads fell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom