Rolling Windows Down with Remote? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m wondering if there is any way to roll the windows down with the remote on a 2003 LC? I figured if it was at all possible, someone on this forum would know.

I did a quick search but didn’t see much.

Thanks!

If it's like my '05 LX470, you press the unlock button twice and hold it down the second time for like 3 seconds and they will start to roll down. THey will stop once you let go of the button. Also the sunroof will open after another second or two.

If it's like my '05 LX470, you press the unlock button twice and hold it down the second time for like 3 seconds and they will start to roll down. THey will stop once you let go of the button. Also the sunroof will open after another second or two.

I’ve tried this, but nothing happens other than the truck unlocking. On my 2008 Passat, I was able to enable this feature via reprogramming with a vag-com. I wonder if something similar could be done on a 2003 LC?

I can do this with my 2000 RX300 but not with the 2002 LX. This makes no sense whatsoever.

I have to (want to?) believe this is just something that can be enabled via vag-com. I know that in the U.S. on every VW I’ve owned the feature came disabled for “safety” reasons, and I had to enable it via vag-com. I am hoping for confirmation this might be the case on the LC as well?

Have you tried enabling through Techstream?

The feature works on my LX, and it’d be a little weird if it didn’t work on the same MY LC.

If I remember correctly, this feature became available on the 03+ LX (although It may have to be enabled in Techstream), and I don't think it works on the LC.

I don't think it works on the LC.

I think you are correct. I believe only the LX's came with all 4 automatic windows. Which is needed for that to work. I don't know about the later land cruisers but my '99 only has the automatic window on the driver's front window.

I think you are correct. I believe only the LX's came with all 4 automatic windows. Which is needed for that to work. I don't know about the later land cruisers but my '99 only has the automatic window on the driver's front window.

I would be happy if just the driver’s front window could be opened with the remote.

Looks like it is time to Techstream! Just ordered the ODB-II USB cable. I will have it tomorrow.

Last edited:
My LX does it even when I don't want it to. I have an after market remote start system in it; pressing the unlock button twice within 3 seconds will roll all 4 windows down about 25%, then pressing again another 25%, and again all the way down.

It's kind of annoying if I inadvertently press the button twice, or just want to press it twice just because. Doesn't do me much good letting the AC run for a bit when the windows are halfway down :bang:

I believe that it requires "bug eyes", a 'L' on the grill, and a jar of Grey Poupon.

That reminds me, I'm all out of mustard. Dangit.

Sorry to point you in the wrong direction, OP. (Techstream is a super useful tool anyway, though, so you won't lose anything there.)

My 04 LC has all 4 windows auto but last time I was in TS I didn't see anything about the windows down with remote thing.

My 04 LC has all 4 windows auto but last time I was in TS I didn't see anything about the windows down with remote thing.
Pretty sure it was only for LX's early on. I have it in my 2003 LX470.

Just tried my '04 LC and the parking lights flashed a billion times... nothing made the windows go down.

Just tried my '04 LC and the parking lights flashed a billion times... nothing made the windows go down.

Two 04 LCs, one has the feature, one doesn’t. This gives me hope I will be able to find the setting buried somewhere.

Two 04 LCs, one has the feature, one doesn’t. This gives me hope I will be able to find the setting buried somewhere.

Believe the first one is saying all 4 windows have auto up/down from the door buttons. I don't read that as one has the feature and one doesn't.

AFAIK, all LC's have the auto up/down. My 00 limited 4runner has auto up/down of all windows.

I think I looked into this one time and the feature was part of an ECU not used in the LC. Seems like it was the same ECU which controlled folding side mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom