Rolled the Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just as the title says.

LAst night i rolled the Big Blue Box :crybaby: in the national forest near Stubblefield Lake where i go hunting. Me and the passenger walked away with out a scratch and i guess that should be the thing i am most thankful for.

I got it rolled over and and it is now in the back of a friends yard here in huntsville because there was now place to keep it near the dorms.

85% of the body is damaged and some of the interior is damaged. The frame, engine, dritrain, etc... is still fine.

Currently im looking for a place to store it untill i figure out to do with it.

As i see it, my options are to part it, make it to a trail rig or if at all possible find all new bady parts somewwhere.

My cruiser was a big part of my life. It was my last 4 years of life and last 4 years of pay checks. it was more than a hobby to me. It was the car my parents brought me home from the hospital when i was born.

i know since it rolled the cyliders are full of oil and such. what must be down before cranking it up again.

also anybody in the huntsville/houston/dallas-ft.worth area that nows of any affordable type of toyota truck/SUV for sale because the cruiser was my DD and it will not be road worthy for a while if ever again.

more to come later and pics.

thay sucks man, sorry to hear. why not just keep it for parts if you get another. at least until you get everything you might need for your new one.

brett76 said:
thay sucks man, sorry to hear. why not just keep it for parts if you get another. at least until you get everything you might need for your new one.

wish i could buy another but being a college kid the cash flow is very minimal.

Sorry to hear that, Glad everyone is OK. I'll post this up to the LSLC board and see if any one responds. :)

-mark

PS - love the Philmont pictures..brings back great memories!

Last edited:
I would be miserable if it happened to me. I'm sorry for your loss...... I haven't had mine nearly as long and would never consider parting with it.

But you could cut the top off and make it a convertable. Cruisers live forever!

Make it a trail rig to do the activities you really enjoy. In the mean time find another for a daily driver.
Good Luck!!

glad to hear you and the passenger are okay. thats the main thing.
store it somewhere, and scan e-bay for a good body / tire guts truck. I have seen several in our year range go for less than 2k
keep you head up.
hammer

kyle, iv got some new blades for the SawZall, so we will fig something out! i hope you got a rain coat!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blueboxfj60/album?.dir=/26e0

there are the pics

i rolled while cruising down a dirt road. i hit a bump and the front end went squirlly. i tried to correct but before i could the back end smung out and the front tire caught the lip of the ditch and that was all it needed to roll and land on the roof.

Well looking at the pics the body really isnt that bad. Hell your doors are about the same if not better than my doors. the main problem I see is the roof and fitting a winshield back in it. I think if you dont mind dents, you could pop the roof back out and beat the windshield frame into submission. Sorce a hood and work on making a windshield fit and you would have an awesome trail rig. Spring over and throw some new rubber on it and you will fall in love with it all over agian. Pull all the spark plugs and turn it over to make sure there is no oil sitting in them, check the fluids and crank it up. I dont think you should cut into any of the metal.

Me I dont mind dents all that much so I would do the above and have a badass rig. The main thing that really gets to me is rust...

I wish you lived closer I could help ya out. But with a little work it could be back on the road soon. I DD my trail rig 400 miles a week and love it, You never know what you can do until you try.

Beat it out and then go look at the White trash of elwood corner for Josh's 60 and see what he is doing to it.

I take it back your doors do look better then my rigs.

If you're short of cash I'd push it straight enough to put a new windshield (~$120) in it and drive till you decide what to do. Its not really taht bad. The b pillar is going to be the worst part.

We straightened this one in an afternoon two weeks ago and the windshield fits fine.
2005TuffTruck022_tippy1.jpg

that sucks man, i honestly didn't think you could flip a 60..haha
i still wouldn't get rid of it... its still a classic to me

still has better body then alex's

OUCH!! What a shame, that's a clean cruiser. It looks like it could be hammered back into shape though, or definately made into a trail cruiser. I rolled my first FJ40 end over end and had it back on the road in less than two weeks. Not pretty, but twisted sheet metal won't stop a LC.

Sorry again, glad no one was hurt and I hope alcohol wasn't involved.

Dammm that sucks!

FWIW

I agree with what they are telling you above. trail rig (gotta do a SOA!) + DD + sentimental value = problem solved!

All you did was take the "cring feeling" out of adding new dents! :)

Good luck!

Dude that sucks. IF I ever roll/wreck mine I will chop and hammer and beat and bob it to the trail rig I always dream about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom