rollcage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thats right boys I started my cage today. I dont have a bender so I am going with square corners and lots of gussetts (sp?) but I think it will do just fine. I'll post up some pics as I get further along right now its just a bar up to the ceiling in front of the dash and then back to a support I already had behind the rear seat.

sweet
are you taking pics of your progress?
I think the squared cage look will go very nicly with the boxy 55
Can not wait to see how she/he turns out.
Either way best of luck

awsome cant wait to see the pics, it'll be right up my alley as i have been thinking of cutting the top off and caging mine.

I will most likely work on it again tomorrow afternoon I will try and get a couple progress pics up for you guys. It has been going a little slower then hoped but I'm getting there.

Heres pics of the progress thus far guys. I have the same thing on each side of the cruiser. Next will be the horizontal pieces between the 2 and then some sort of supports into the bed area. Something slanted like a Baja Racer maybe.

Last edited:
Its floor mounted for right now. I would like to go back and make some slugs to attach to the frame with later on.

Wow, that's pretty sweet Clemson! I am curious though, about how you're gonna feel with that bar right there by your left leg all the time. How's your headlight switch access? What diameter pipe and how thick?

You need to at least make floor plates, other wise your cage is going to punch through the floor, or rip it off. Kind of like pushing a pencil through a piece of paper.

Rush I sat in it to gauge how close it was to my leg and all that kind of stuff. Its not really that close at all and still fine for getting in and out. As for the lights the switch has about 1" extra room between it and the bar with the lights on high. As for floor plates I probably should have made some but since I just redid most of the floor and put about 5 times the support into it that it had before and used steel twice as thick I'm not to worried about it right now.

Heres an update on my progress put in 3 horizontal members today one behind the front seat and 2 in front above the dash.

Last edited:
clemson55 said:
Heres an update on my progress put in 3 horizontal members today one behind the front seat and 2 in front above the dash.

that b-pillar post looks like your gonna need a helmet.....

exellent work :beer: how do you get to the top of the tubes to complete the welds, and also the outer parts of the seams? the ones against the body panels :eek:

looks good!!!!

Yeah that b pillar post came in lower then intended I may need to adjust it some or pad it. As for getting to the top I have given myself enough room to get to the welds and the sides pieces I fitted and assembled outside the rig and then put in so I only had to weld at the floor and at the rear of the vehicle.

should have protected your windscreen a bit better, it looks like it's gunna have some nasty spatter on it now. trust me, i did the same thing with only a few plug welds here and there when i took the headliner bows out.
great work so far though, im impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom