Rockin' rocker Switches.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Click HERE for some sweet switches. No affiliation, just thought they looked cool when rowsing ebay.

switch01.jpg

switchlit.gif

nie find, those are damn cool!

Ditto on the great find - those look like they are basically custom switch actuators that use a Carling Switch Contrua model switch body - same thing that Waytek carries but Waytek doesn't stock the cool printed actuators.

Thanks for the link -

Seems they are actually cheaper on the guy's site itself.
Try http://www.4x4mods.com/ Edit: Ben beat me to it :D

I bought mine there. Feels like pretty solid switches, not quite OEM quality, but still very good. I'm currently using one for my dual batt setup.

webdashswitch.jpg

Oh look, duplicate threads. I posted a review of sorts and a picture of them in my 60 in [thread=62249]the other one[/thread]. :)

Not Conturas, not Carling/Cole-Hersee, just no-name switches. They work, and they look pretty good. I'll use Contura ones next time, I think, and cook up some labels somehow.

Here's a pic of a switch gang in my 40. The three on the left are Cole-Hersee switches that match my ARB switches on the right. All are held in place by an expandable switch-gang box available at West Marine. Provides an easy and clean way to install multiple switches.

The expandable gang box will work with the switches referenced earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
I bought one for my IPF's but haven't installed it yet. There's 4 prongs on the back of mine and I haven't figured out what goes where. The pins are in positions 2, 3, 5 and 6 on the chart above. Anyone care to save me some time if you know?

The prongs are labeled on the back of the switch. 1 and 4 are empty. I'm guessing the extra prong is for power to the switch, maybe?

usmcruiser said:
Are these switches water proof? or do you have to just mount them higher then the deepest you are willing to go?

Don't know how waterproof they are. One of my boats has the same switches installed on the console in an exposed area. All are still working after 5+years. Never really found a truly waterproof switch. If you are planning on submersing them, I doubt that they will work for long.

Capt. Jim said:
Don't know how waterproof they are. One of my boats has the same switches installed on the console in an exposed area. All are still working after 5+years. Never really found a truly waterproof switch. If you are planning on submersing them, I doubt that they will work for long.

There are Conture switches that are waterproof, they're sold as Blue Sea Systems brand.

I wonder if these labels will fit those switches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom