Builds Rockin’ 2004 GX470 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guess it’s tine to stop being a lurker and post something.

It’s a 2004 GX that I picked up locally after looking for several months for the right one.

It was owned by an elementary school principal that took pretty good care of it.

This is the day I brought it home.

73B4D517-E5E1-4F50-987A-BA9B2F951311.jpeg

2C2BA516-EEA0-4E98-9A02-BA582E70F7DF.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up some Toyota 4runner Trail wheels. I didnt really like the finish on them so I changed it up a bit. Also mounted some Falken Wildpeak AW3 tires. Might need to do a little trimming.

IMG_2981.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

Some paint set those wheels apart! I have a Trail Edition 4runner with the pre-2018 wheels. They're less "machined" looking and I don't mind them. I'm not a fan of the new polished/machined look, but your paint job really looks great though. Nice work!

Well thats more trimming than I wanted to do so I decided to lift it a little bit. I went with OME from Cruiser Outfitters. I did Med springs front and rear with SPC upper control arms.

View attachment 1771582

View attachment 1771583

View attachment 1771584

View attachment 1771585

View attachment 1771586
Very nice! This is the kit and vendor that I'm going with when I lift. Which coils are considered medium? 885 front and 896 rear?

Edit: I can see the rears are 895 in the picture. Are the fronts 884?

Last edited:
Looking real good! I didn't know Asfir was back in the business, they came out big in the FJC world and then relatively grew quiet. I didn't know they were still around.

Looking real good! I didn't know Asfir was back in the business, they came out big in the FJC world and then relatively grew quiet. I didn't know they were still around.

They are from Israel so maybe you were dealing with a US distributor back then?

I plan to get some for my GX when bonus time comes around next year. $800 for a full set of aluminum skids shipped (from overseas!) is an awesome deal.

They were being distributed by Iron Man 4x4 in NA and that ended. They went direct a few years later.

This looks Rad!!!!!!

Some paint set those wheels apart! I have a Trail Edition 4runner with the pre-2018 wheels. They're less "machined" looking and I don't mind them. I'm not a fan of the new polished/machined look, but your paint job really looks great though. Nice work!

Thanks guys!

Now I jut need to find a fifth wheel for a spare.

You just have to get them direct. Like Vlad said.

Very nice! This is the kit and vendor that I'm going with when I lift. Which coils are considered medium? 885 front and 896 rear?

Edit: I can see the rears are 895 in the picture. Are the fronts 884?

Thanks Cruiser Outfitters is great to deal with. They will go through a complete build sheet with you to make sure they are getting you the best fit for your use.

Fronts are 885x

So today I took a big hammer to the pinch weld on the backside of the wheel well and used a heat gun to reform the plastic that covers it. I also trimmed the fender flare inside the wheel well. On the front side of the wheel well I moved the plastic forward by cutting and redrilling the attachment point at the bottom of the front bumper. Drove it around after and it no longer rubs with normal driving in those areas.

However it does rub on the swaybar in the front and the frame in the rear but only on the passenger side. Not really sure why that would be.

I also noticed a little noise coming from the passenger front. I double checked to make sure everything I touched is tight. Pulled on the rotor top and bottom and side to side and don't notice any abnormal movement. I'm thinking it might be the lower control arm bushings. Any thoughts?

Lift with no panhard correction causes one side to rub in the rear

So today I took a big hammer to the pinch weld on the backside of the wheel well and used a heat gun to reform the plastic that covers it. I also trimmed the fender flare inside the wheel well. On the front side of the wheel well I moved the plastic forward by cutting and redrilling the attachment point at the bottom of the front bumper. Drove it around after and it no longer rubs with normal driving in those areas.

However it does rub on the swaybar in the front and the frame in the rear but only on the passenger side. Not really sure why that would be.

I also noticed a little noise coming from the passenger front. I double checked to make sure everything I touched is tight. Pulled on the rotor top and bottom and side to side and don't notice any abnormal movement. I'm thinking it might be the lower control arm bushings. Any thoughts?
Check the rotor sheilds for rubbing and you sway bar link. My sway bar link let go after the lift.

Lift with no panhard correction causes one side to rub in the rear

Sorry I could have been more clear the front Passenger tire rubs on the sway bar at the front edge of the tire when turned full driver and on the frame when turned full passenger. No rubbing in the rear yet.

Check the rotor sheilds for rubbing and you sway bar link. My sway bar link let go after the lift.

No rubbing on the dust shields or on the sway bar link as of yet just the front edge of the tire on the sway bar when turned full driver on the passenger side only which I find odd.

Did you get a swaybar relocate kit w/ your lift?
Sorry I could have been more clear the front Passenger tire rubs on the sway bar at the front edge of the tire when turned full driver and on the frame when turned full passenger. No rubbing in the rear yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom