Roadwire leather seats installed!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed, at that price? Wow. I got quoted $800 for driver seat of my Tundra. That looks great. How would you compare leather quality to stock? Hoping they wear as well as mine have over the last 25 years.

oh, and thanks for adding to my "want" list. :confused:

Installed, at that price? Wow. I got quoted $800 for driver seat of my Tundra. That looks great. How would you compare leather quality to stock? Hoping they wear as well as mine have over the last 25 years.

oh, and thanks for adding to my "want" list. :confused:

Yeah that's why I'm surprised Roadwire hasn't been more popular in the LC world. On several other car forums Roadwire is used a lot, especially popular in the Jeep world. It's wild that some other vendors are selling leather covers for the 80 close to this same price WITHOUT installation. The leather itself looks and feels like OEM. But as we all know there's nothing quite like OEM Toyota quality so only time will tell. While the leather quality is great, I did notice some differences in the inner structure/padding where the OEM stuff feels much more stout. So I don't know that it will last as long as OEM, but even if you get 8-10yrs of solid use out these, I think it's a bargain for the price. I wouldn't feel too bad about spending another $1700 in 10yrs to have these replaced.

Here's a picture of the Roadwire leather we had installed on our 2014 4Runner when we bought it new from the dealer. Paid $1500 for this at the time. This one had 5yrs and 100k miles of daily driver use before it was totaled in accident. The leather was still in like-new shape at the time.

12783725495_8b69090eda_h.jpg

12783831613_cef68ada73_h.jpg

12783724895_f53ec5060f_h.jpg

How does it work with Roadwire installers installing new seat foam? Do you let Roadwire know? I have new lower seat foam for my front seats and need new leather..

How does it work with Roadwire installers installing new seat foam? Do you let Roadwire know? I have new lower seat foam for my front seats and need new leather..

I did some welding repairs on the seat cages so I had already stripped the seats down myself. But it's as simple as just providing them with the new foam during install. The foam slips right over the seat cages. You don't need to let Roadwire know, just whoever your local installer is.

1. What did you use to condition the new leather with? Roadwire recommended at install?

2. Pics of door leather up close possible?

1. What did you use to condition the new leather with? Roadwire recommended at install?
M

I used this stuff, really like P&S interior products. No they didn't recommend, just decided to treat it early.

Screenshot_20230603_173234.jpg

Will we get to check this out at SAS in August?? Thought I heard you were going.
Jay’s Rig has lot of cool mods that would be great to check out in person!!
But I don’t see him on the attendees list 😞

Would/could the installer apply the new door leather to new door cards (ie: the wood backing) if supplied with the kit?

Wow, that's the best looking fit/finish I've seen on here. Looks factory with how taught the leather is! How's it feel?

Wow, that's the best looking fit/finish I've seen on here. Looks factory with how taught the leather is! How's it feel?

Looks and feels great. I think you'll have trouble finding a similar quality replacement, especially at this price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom