Roadwire leather seats installed!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And I never updated this thread, but Roadwire did end up making the lower flaps for me in matching brown leather with orange stitching.

52961841967_0cc453cc85_b.jpg

And the armrests had to be remade as they cut the wrong pattern by mistake. Finally all complete!

53100368124_7a476c9664_b.jpg

Received this email today. Looks like Roadwire will be no more pretty soon.

2023-08-25_08-07-09.jpg

I guess I shouldn't necessarily put a sad face to the above post since I know nothing about Katzkin, but if they aren't able to keep the quality up of what you have shown from Roadwire in the photos above, many will be kicking themselves that they didnt jump on the opportunity when they had the chance.

I guess I shouldn't necessarily put a sad face to the above post since I know nothing about Katzkin, but if they aren't able to keep the quality up of what you have shown from Roadwire in the photos above, many will be kicking themselves that they didnt jump on the opportunity when they had the chance.
I’m pretty sure you haven’t seen older Toyotas with a Katzkin leather interior… At my local shop I have seen their interior packages in multiple 4runner’s from most generations as well as tacomas and cruisers. I would put their quality on par as the Roadwire seats shown in this thread.

The kicker with Katzkin is you order it through their preferred interior shop who installs it to your vehicle. This makes sure it is professionally installed and keeps the warranty. I have seen their product with multiple years of wear and tear and still hold up great. No issues like the cheaper options such as Lseat.

Im not saying Katzkin is better than the rest for the price, but their quality seems to be on par with the other brands that command a high price. It makes sense that they would acquire Roadwire.

I haven't seen Katzkin personally but I hear the quality is very good as well. From what I've seen online, their leather kits tend to be more expensive so I expect these will see a price increase in the future. With that said however, less competition in the market is never a good thing and only benefits the company.

FYI Katzkin supplies leather for Jeep and used as a dealer level option. From what I learned they offered choices from what would be called top-shelf OEM to more budget conscious options as well as mixing colors for seat panels and stitching choices. Check out their website and you'll find how big they are.

Oh wow.. Very interesting. I called KZ before I ordered RW. KZ had nothing for the 80 (manual seats). I ordered RW and having it installed on Wednesday. I hear Katzkin is very good as well. Hopefully it's a good match and they will continue to support the 80.

Damn! Was just about to place my order with Mosley but that brown with orange stitching is killer! Having to rethink everything now! 😂

Oh wow.. Very interesting. I called KZ before I ordered RW. KZ had nothing for the 80 (manual seats). I ordered RW and having it installed on Wednesday. I hear Katzkin is very good as well. Hopefully it's a good match and they will continue to support the 80.

This probably explains why they bought Roadwire - expand their vehicle offerings and control the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom