Builds reviving "isabel" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

man, it feels good to come home from a tough day at work just to find some more "christmas presents" on your door step. got two of them today. one was my pimpin alternator from premier power welders, the other was my york accessory kit from kilby's (www.onboardair.com).
after unpacking and checking out both goodies, i just had to install the alternator and lay out the serpentine belt to see how it would look. the only thing missing at the front of the engine are the modified york pulley (my buddy jeepindoug is machining down the 2 groove pulley so it'll work with the serpentine belt) and i still have to get a new PS pump; don't wanna take a chance on the old one, it was leaking ever so slightly already.
then i put the other front outer u-joint in the stub shaft, cleaned up and called it a night.
MVC-834S.JPG

Which alternator did you get 175 or the 190
I guess you don't need me to go out Kilby anymore sorry haven't made that way in while
Project looking good

thanks phil!!!

i ended up going with the 175 cause i did'nt want to have to deal with the larger case. i have had the welder for a while but have'nt had it on a rig in about 5 years so i figured this would be the perfect platform for it. self-sufficiency is hopefully gonna be the name of my game.

i could have gone with either cause they owed me an alternator and a favor, but figured the 175 should be ample for my application and i really did'nt want to have to modify/change the bracketry on the engine. too much other stuff to finish.

well i'll be damned if santa did'nt show up again today! :grinpimp: got my long inner front shaft back from etting narrowed at summer bros in L.A. had to unwrap it right away and gaze at it for a while. i'm so stoked to put the front axle together.
here's a pic of the stock short side and shortened long side:
MVC-836S.JPG

here's one to show the difference between a cruiser coarse birf, a 30 spline d60 stub and the 35 spline d60 stub, all resting on the inner long 35 spline shaft. hmmmm, beefy! :cool:
MVC-837S.JPG

i did suffer a slight setback yesterday. i was checking to make sure that i had everything needed to put the d60 front together and noticed that my steering arms were'nt quite the same. upon closer inspection i noticed that the hole for the tie-rod was .5 inches closer to center on the driver side than the passenger side. so back to sky mfg they went and i won't have them back till late next week, maybe eventhe week after. :frown: this means i won't be able to get a good measurement for my tie-rod and drag link so i won't be able to have those made either. hurry up and wait, isn't that how it always goes.
at least i can build most of the front axle this weekend and hopefully get it under the rig so i can figure out my front driveshaft and get that coming. more updates to follow this weekend for sure!!!!! ;)

orangefj45 said:
hurry up and wait, isn't that how it always goes.
)
Man Georg I can feel your pain on that one I know the hurry up and wait oh so well on so many things
what are to do after putting in so much time whats a little more is all I keep telling myself " all good things take time I guess"

Keep up the good work bro, rig and parts are lookin pimp.
...if I wasnt wrenching on Kampfwagens you know i'd be helpin yah on the weekends.

back to lurk mode.

orangefj45 said:
at least i can build most of the front axle this weekend and hopefully get it under the rig so i can figure out my front driveshaft and get that coming. more updates to follow this weekend for sure!!!!! ;)

I still have this JE Reel driveswhaft that I will make you a killer deal on......

thanks toploader (big6lug :rolleyes: ) and nolan, what's the dealio?

georg , thank you for that pic , been 4 years waiting for someone to show that comparo.
I am convinced now that my coarse spline birf's are plenty big :D :grinpimp:

peesalot said:
georg , thank you for that pic , been 4 years waiting for someone to show that comparo.

just waiting for the big bang! :popcorn:

peesalot said:
Right....

you can't compare 30 spline 60 stuff to a coars BF.. There is not much of a strength comparison..

the cruiser stuff will lose.

haha, but pees had his 6 spline junk cryoed! :grinpimp:

what a bonehead you are john!!!!!!! ever heard of "can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***" or how about one of my favorites:"can't polish a turd"! :flipoff2:

Hot Rats said:
If you Google for "polished turd" and click on Images, you will get just 1 hit:

:D

I didn't believe you so I had to go try it. Thats funny :D

we'll see georg , turd polishing was cheap , I just thought it would be fun to see how the drum birf's hold up after bobby treats em , but now you all got me pissed and I think you are gonna be wrong , sure they are not as strong as 60 stuff but they are as strong as they need to be till they break and we will see.
die isabel ,die

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom