Reuse o2 sensors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to get a high flow exhaust installed. My s/c 97 has 75,000 mi.. I have not looked too closely at the bolts, but I have not had rust issues removing anything else. I am more concerned how long my old ones will last and if they are functioning with all their marbles still. No codes. Ran an OBDII to check them for leaning out at high RPM last week. All indications were they worked properly. Should I get new o2 sensors or use the old ones?
Sean

At 75,000 miles, the sensors do have some life left in them. The concern I would have is what manipulating them would do. They have been thru a ton of heating cycles and they may not react well to being disturbed. I guess one consideration will be how easy will they be to get to after the conversion.

D-

Well, I am not going to do anything yet. Took it to a couple of shops and they looked at me like I was speaking greek. One shop seemed to know exactly what I wanted but were too busy to get it up on a hoist for an estimate. They are the local tuner guys as well as a custom exhaust shop. Might go by there tomorrow to see how much & what ideas they have. O2 sensors here in Canada are $295 cdn or about $200 us. :mad:
Sean

Landtank, What diameter was your borla?
Sean

Sean I honestly don't know. It was a direct fit and stainless and C-Dan liked his so I was sold. www.performanceproducts.com has them for $389.95. I couldn't resist and took me about 1 1/2hours to install. They come with everything except:

Cat to exhaust gasket, bolts and nut plate for front flange
hangers (3) and their nuts (12)

Truck does seem to like it though!

Landtank, does the borla hang as low as the stock exhaust? Or is it tucked up higher or hang lower?
Thanks,
Sean.

I checked and they ship to Canada. :D
Thanks,
Sean

Actually none of the pictures are the correct one for our system :-\. However on the SOR link you'll get tip A and the our muffler has only a single inlet as we have 2 inline cats verses the earlier side by side.

I kind of figured they were generic pics.
Thanks,
Sean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom