Return from the hunt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
I found this 2 miles from where I live, and the owner said "take anything you want off it except the running gear". I actually went to get a radiator frame and support rods, which I'm missing, but most of the stuff was really pretty good.... So there ya go, spotcruiser, I'm finding what I need to build a trail rig with my son out of my donor rig. And you guys said this was an addiction....
bluetarp 1.jpg
bluetrap 2.jpg
bluetarp 3.jpg

Thinking I'll go back this week and cut the cowl/firewall/windshield off it too.

What a find :cheers:

Did you find any med's in there to help with your addiction :lol:

:grinpimp:

Good deal ! Get every part you can. :grinpimp:

There's a guy with two FJ40's about two miles from my house too, a '69 and a '77. They just sit outside, and have been for years. He won't do anything with em, or sell them. :frown:

I'm thinking about buying some tarps to give to him. :lol:

That way they won't get any worse before he gives up and sells them to me. :idea:

The only medication I found was a couple bottles of longhammer ipa, and I think I brought them with me. :DAnd the thing about an island is we remember who used to drive a cruiser back in the day, and it costs 175.00 to have a hulk hauled off, so most of them stay here in the brush. Exactly how I got my '76 donor...... I'm chasin' down a couple more next week...

Highland, I watched my first fj 45 sit and sit for many years with a bed full of chicken manure in this wet climate. My kids took piano lessons from his wife, and I'd drop them off and stare at the 45 ,dead in the driveway ( they said they'd NEVER sell it) and i just wanted to say I'd clean out the bed and pressure wash it and prime it jic they changed their minds someday... got it just in time... I've dealt with this for Many years with antique tractors and one lung engines.." oh, we're gonna restore that one of these days... pretty soon....."

Hey Pops,
I met a guy in Everett/Marysville area couple weeks ago. He has a 76 and is parting it out. Not sure how much of it. I bought the fuel tank off him. Shoot me a pm if you want more info.

I'll never give up, it kills me every time I drive past ! :frown:

Really, how much is a tarp ? :confused:......[sigh].....one 'o these days. ;)

I NEVER gave up... and one day, totally random, he calls and says he wants 750. and has another engine for it in his shed.. I posted some of this in the 45 section a couple months ago. Anyways, I burned some rubber getting there in my fj 55 with my trusty towbar..... that's the picture that was in the sor catalogue with the 55 towing the moss covered 45...Couldn't wipe that s.e. grin off my face for a week!

and that name again is 'Mr. Unrestore Frame On' thread. I hope to see you write it....Love to ogle beautiful paint and bodywork, but it just aint happening on this mountainside. Everything is filthy in a week.....I fix it, seal it, protect it, but it gets flat or semigloss paint on top. I'll take a picture of my 'oxidized horizontal blue' made from rustoleum royal blue, flat white, flat black and a bit of gloss hunter green. it's rather convincing.....

LOL Yup........I use my trucks, and I live in a wet climate too. It's turned me pretty obsessive compulsive ! I am the rust nazi. The mere sight of burnt orange gets me flustered.:eek:

I've got a shed full of every spray and paint known to man ! It's a never ending cycle. I stay ahead of it though. Thankfully I started with a pretty decent 40.

It's getting to the point for me that the chips and trail stripes will be too great a threat soon. I'll probably do a fresh paint before long, maybe this summer, and watch that deteriorate all over again. hmph. ;)

Last edited:
Hi All:

"Pops," yes grab the windshield frame!

Sh*t, the drive train is worth less than clean sheetmetal!

Regards,

Alan

Nice haul, Gary. Can I have all your Land Cruiser stuff when you get tired of it? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom