Rescued a 1970 FJ40 with Hone-o-Drive (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Cruiser Bull...!
Maybe I'll see it sometime, I live in Snoqualmie and always keep my eye out for other cruisers. Are you part of Seattle cruiser heads by chance? Matt

As I mentioned above, he sold this cruiser.

Bull put a newer drivetrain with 4 speed and 4 speed case in that rig.

I bought the vacuum tcase / overdrive / and trans from him.

I needed the tcase, and I thought that I was going to run the Overdrive. I took the overdrive all apart, redid the seals and it works fine, and actually looks and feels stout. Them failing is maintenance related?

In my honest opinion, I don't think the "bone-o-drive" is that bad. They were used behind BIG BLOCKS from the factory. Ford and chev used them in their super cars of the day.

The reason that I am not running this is there are floor / drive shaft issues with running a longer drivetrain. I too might part with this.

I think you are in love...jeolousy will get me nowhere! Please keep it basically stock...looks the way it should.

post some pics of the actual Hone unit...i had one behind my 327 and Muncie in my 40. came out months ago.

Here is the bone-o-drive. Right between the t-case and parking brake housing. Once again, its a model 400. I have more pics, some of which include roller pins that i found after draining the unit.
100_2011.jpg
100_2012.jpg
100_2013.jpg

The driveshaft must be 4" long...

And why does it have seats from a 72?

would you say that its still safe to drive with the overdrive not engaged, despite the fact that I know there is an internal problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom