For Sale SOLD - 1987 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 turbo diesel - 4BD1T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know this truck? I'm told that it was converted to a 4BD1T NPR in North Carolina prior to the current owner buying it. Does anyone have experience with this truck.. or this type of swap? Looks pretty clean in the videos. It's currently in CA but has Oklahoma tags in the video.

Any input is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure this is the "silver surfer" or something like that. It sold on Mud in the fall of 2015 I believe and as I remember it was a super solid rig. I think it sold closer to 25k but not sure. If you look in the classifieds in late 2015 you will find it. I was tempted before I bought my current 60.

Thanks Mike. That was the keyword search I needed. Found a bunch of info on various sites. I appreciate the info. Now I need to read up on the Isuzu engine. My 2h died recently....

Looks like @dirtgypsy’s old rig.

I love that truck.

I don’t know him. I have just admired this truck from afar.

@Laughingjackal Yep thats my old truck. Super fun build. It apparently has doubled in price since switching hands. I would be asking for all the receipts for the rebuilt items. I did prolly 95% of the work on the truck and the guy I initially sold it to flipped it with some miss-information to I believe its third owner. That Isuzu is boss. I would do this swap all over again if I had the opportunity. Super smooth, great power, 26 mpg all day. Feel free to him me up via PM if you like.

Good luck!

Clint

Thanks Clint. I did tons of reading on your build. Impressive stuff, attention to detail. It has gone up, definitely not cheap but from doing my homework I feel it is a solid truck. I made an offer and will hear back tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

Fingers crossed.

PS - Not planning to register the truck in CO...

Last edited:
My main question on this......is this setup eating clutches??? It seems like everyone who has bought it has redone the clutch,

Also- rebuilding the engine with aftermarket pistosns and cylinders that arent matched sets like the NPR oem p&c sets doesnt yield the same mpg or longevity results of the original engines from what i gather.

My main question on this......is this setup eating clutches??? It seems like everyone who has bought it has redone the clutch,

Also- rebuilding the engine with aftermarket pistosns and cylinders that arent matched sets like the NPR oem p&c sets doesnt yield the same mpg or longevity results of the original engines from what i gather.

Yeah bugs it would be interesting to see whats up. I had a host of issues with the clutch to begin with but had it all sorted with a centerforce. I put a lot of miles on it without issue. My thoughts is that the machined aluminum spacer is the issue because the trans is well equipped to handle the diesel. Alamaris machine sp? Had designed a steel adapter but it is my belief that he along with dustin screwed a lot of people out of $$ and adapters. Where did you read about the clutch issues?

clint

I think alot of the adapters that work with autos benefit from the torque converters smoothing out things. But its a touch more challenging with the manual setups with clutch just not having the same ability.

Ive been doing some research on an om606 and the different order harmonics, harmonic balancers, crankshaft flex and diesel pulsing in general. The 4bd1 is a liter more..l.so i would imagine its worth some investigation.

I think those machined aluminum spacers need to be quite a bit bigger and bolt wider out on the flywheel vs narrow. This would likely require rebalancing /zeroing out of the whole unit with the clutch , flywheel and adapter.

another piece of the puzzle would be measuring crankshaft endplay which can be contributing to vibes/chatter and causing premature clutch wear.

Last edited:
Say hello to my little friend. Wish me luck.

No, working on having it shipped. Have requested a few quotes to include one from Aaron at Summit Auto Transport. He had some positive reviews here on the forum.

No, working on having it shipped. Have requested a few quotes to include one from Aaron at Summit Auto Transport. He had some positive reviews here on the forum.
Yup summit is the way to go. Good luck with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom