Reputable Shops/ Services (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob has test equipment for injectors? I saw him at the recyclers. My 60 wouldn’t
fit in the bin so I had to bring it back home.
I don't know for sure but he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Just found this thread and want to thank Steve and Brad at EBI for making my FJ80 more enjoyable after every visit.

Can’t express how glad I am to have found such reputable shop close b

Steve helped save time and money by:
Upgrading to fzj80 front brakes, instead merely replacing fj80 brake components
Installing caster bushing and coil spacers during front end rebuild
Degrease engine bay, replace broken thermo housing stud, and check comp during tune up

Just got the 12HT injectors back from Fred Holmes Injection. Service was fabulous,
very quick turn around. Shipped from Nanaimo Monday, back in hand Friday.
Raj is an owner I understand, and his knowledge is quick and complete.
I want to thank the three or four people from here that steered me in the right direction.

New Glass shop in Ladysmith. Really Nice guy, one man shop. Rob takes his time and does it right.
30 yrs of experience and it’s obvious. He installed the new windshield into the 60. So I’d like to recommend him to local people if you don’t have a person. Easy to find, small shop.

6A20C7BE-7C01-4DCF-94BB-0D90CB7480AC.jpeg

Picked up couple of batteries from Canada Energy.

They are a 4WDABC corporate sponsor now and offer up to 30% off. I picked up the 27DC batteries as one of my Crown DP batteries lost a cell this last week. They can supply Victron products, though they are not on their website. I picked the batteries up at the warehouse in Langley. From this website Canada Energy batteries are shown as currently being made by Clarios (formerly Johnson Controls), but in the spirit of change that is as of June 2020.

Dunno if their system recognizes where you are calling from and directs to the closest warehouse but I phoned 1.888.267.4687 and that put me direct to the Langley warehouse. Helpful on the phone, good experience picking them up and chatting about what they are doing.

This one purchase alone has paid for my 4WDABC membership (and then some). Not even considering all the good the 4WDABC is doing in relationship building and working on keeping things open in the public lands public access arena. If you are not a member, well spent $30.00 yearly fee just for the corporate sponsorship and discounts that are happening.

hth's
gb

Last edited:
Overland Training Canada - Whistler
I'm putting this here as it seems reasonable. I scoff at the word overlanding as it seems to infringe on my idea that
the whole back country thing should be independant and I don't do it as a group, sort of defeats the purpose.
I'm wrong of course as groups are safer and learning the proper way to do things is safer and can certainly
save your own life and those around you. So I saw this giant Dodge driving through Vancouver yesterday with a
logo on the side and looked it up. So wondering if anyone here knows them, about them, taken a course?

Overland Training Canada - Whistler
I'm putting this here as it seems reasonable. I scoff at the word overlanding as it seems to infringe on my idea that
the whole back country thing should be independant and I don't do it as a group, sort of defeats the purpose.
I'm wrong of course as groups are safer and learning the proper way to do things is safer and can certainly
save your own life and those around you. So I saw this giant Dodge driving through Vancouver yesterday with a
logo on the side and looked it up. So wondering if anyone here knows them, about them, taken a course?

I’d like to know as well.

There’s a market for getting trained in certain circumstances where you have to follow OSHR.

The emergence of companies doing things like this make me feel like there will be greater responsibility pushed onto backcountry users to properly have a certain level of training, especially if the roads are shared with guys & gals trying to make a living.

Might sound weird, but if one watches Highway thru Hell and pays attention a lot can be learned.
Tax write off for excuse to spend on a fancy 4X4? LOL. If one carries the gear, one ought to know how it works.

Breaking News: Feb 15 Raquel Welch passes away. Sad day if you are over 50. On other sad news.

1676395086314-png.3248290

Last edited:
Hi All,
I am waiting for the release of my HZJ105 2007 Missus White from the port and I was hoping for some help locating a good shop to techstream the daylight running lights on or install professionally the little doodad. I am in Langley. Any advice would be most gratefully received!!

Here is the really nice truck in question.

Thanks in advance! John

Hi All,
I am waiting for the release of my HZJ105 2007 Missus White from the port and I was hoping for some help locating a good shop to techstream the daylight running lights on or install professionally the little doodad. I am in Langley. Any advice would be most gratefully received!!

Here is the really nice truck in question.

Thanks in advance! John
Hi John, That truck is a beauty. Ambi doors!!! OEM winch!!!

I would suggest taking your truck to EBI Offroad Shop in Port Coquitlam. Steve Tetu is the owner and also president of our club for the past 100 years. Extremebends.com | Landcruiser Toyota Parts and EBI 4x4 Accessories - http://www.extremebends.com/

Anther shoutout to Canadian Energy from this post. Just ordered a Victron IP65 12V charger and while the 4WDABC discount applies to batteries only they were able to do something for me on the charger. I picked up a blemish DC 24 series maintenance free battery from them this last summer for a great price too (no discount - as it was already deeply discounted - and no warranty) so always worth a call to them if looking for this sort if stuff. And keeping your 4WDABC membership going.

EDIT Jan 2024: Just called the Langley warehouse for availablity of DC blems and was told they no longer sell them there. Don't know if any other distribution centers do.

gb

Last edited:
Breaking News: Feb 15 Raquel Welch passes away. Sad day if you are over 50. On other sad news.

1676395086314-png.3248290
AQUALU STILL IN BUSINESS.
Its been reported in other areas on the forum but I found out by accident. Someone has taken over and it's business as usual.
Good news all around!! :beer:

Hi John, That truck is a beauty. Ambi doors!!! OEM winch!!!

I would suggest taking your truck to EBI Offroad Shop in Port Coquitlam. Steve Tetu is the owner and also president of our club for the past 100 years. Extremebends.com | Landcruiser Toyota Parts and EBI 4x4 Accessories - http://www.extremebends.com/
Thank you AJ!

I managed to muddle on through and our own @gnarlynick2072 has kindly agreed to help me with a few things after the holidays. I just need to get Mrs. White to the neighboring province where Nick lives, I believe in greater Edmonton.

Thank you AJ!

I managed to muddle on through and our own @gnarlynick2072 has kindly agreed to help me with a few things after the holidays. I just need to get Mrs. White to the neighboring province where Nick lives, I believe in greater Edmonton.

Calgary actually :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom