Reputable Shops/ Services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ernie's Golden Automotive in Abbotsford. Ernie is a Toyota Master Mechanic, and a super nice guy.

Compliments of Ciaran(installer) and Nathan of ASI(rebuilder), I just had a fully rebuilt starter (3B) put in my wagon. Two skilled individuals !! :)

Compliments of Ciaran(installer) and Nathan of ASI(rebuilder), I just had a fully rebuilt starter (3B) put in my wagon. Two skilled individuals !! :)

I'll second that. If you are a DIYer, Nathan is always happy to source the parts and guide you on how to do it right. And Ciaran is an excellent mechanic and all around good guy. :beer:

Arctec Alloys Limited
http://www.arctecalloys.com/
Surrey branch, talk to Dylan Brown.
They do welding alloys (rods, MIG wire, etc) usually in larger spools but also smaller orders. Great customer service, very knowledgable sales. Great customer service and products for those rare welding applications and the more common stuff. They don't carry gas though.

And I concur about Nathan, great work, old school approach of do it right and very detail oriented. It will be a shame when all these "old timers" retire and the young guys don't want to learn the skills.

Ernie's Golden Automotive in Abbotsford. Ernie is a Toyota Master Mechanic, and a super nice guy.

I had Ernie do some work on my BJ42 and was thoroughly impressed by his honest and cheerful disposition. Highly recommend him and his shop!

Had to get the heater core changed on my F250 7.3L Power Stroke.
Brought it to AERS in North Van.
He was very efficient, price was $400 lower than an estimate that I received from a shop on W 2nd.
Clean and organized shop.
Highly recommended.

New Line Hose & Fittings (both Port Kells and Burnaby), great service, tons of hard to find fittings and adaptors, usually great stock.

Another good place in Port Kells is Hydraulic Supply. They saved me a few hundred dollars by redoing a power steering hose for $25 in less than 30 min. Just enough time to go to Timmy's down the road for a coffee. They did not have the correct fittings but were able to take off the old hose fittings and re-crimp them. I like shops that take a few minutes to think about how to save the customer money and get the job done.
180-19358 96 Ave, Surrey BC, V4N 4C1 604-882-3122

Gregg Distributors just did up new extended brake lines with new fittings for me in about 30 minutes. Price was less that 50% the cost from a retailer on the Island for stock length and the quality is excellent. They are also in Port Kells about two blocks East of from Hydraulic Supply. I had used them for 24V parts in the past. They also have amazing customer service. Their cat is a major read but have it also on CD. You name it, they seem to have it. http://www.greggdistributors.ca/

Canyon Cable (Napa) in Hope. Great to deal with, very helpful. When I broke down they let me run my fridge off their power for the day, access to a grinder, place to replace my alternator. Also they are open late and have anything from auto parts to chainsaw, wire rope,shackles, axes, pretty much everything to start a mining operation.

Brighouse Auto Electric in Richmond. Went to see them while looking for a 24VDC motor for the 8200 Warn winch I acquired. First I looked around online for one and finally found a company in the US that made a motor that would be a direct replacement for the factory 12V one. Got quoted $250 US and $25.00 for shipping to my PO Box.
Visited with Alan at Brighouse, who has modified and upgraded many Warn winches. He found me a higher power 24VDC motor, a new gear, modified the shaft to accept the new configuration, got me the right bearing for the housing all for $300CAD. On top of that gave me a bunch of advice on how to modify certain parts of the winch.
They also rebuild alternators, starters, and any other electric motor.

Thumbs up for Brighouse Auto.
Alan did my Warn 8274 conversion from 12 to 24 Volt for my 42.
Reasonable price as well.

Canadian Stainless Fasteners in Coquitlam.
Every time I pop in there, Nick is awesome to deal with. On large orders or a small sale, the service is awesome and the pricing is very reasonable. Metric and imperial stainless fasteners of any type.

It seems I am getting a lot of "professionally" rebuilt components on my 3b'd Fj62 rebuilt twice these days. My starter for a 1982 3B was fully rebuilt by Nathan at ASI and became problematic within a year and has been giving me grief ever since. My "professionally" rebuilt steering box
was rebuilt by West Texas off road and started leaking within a year also . I love paying big dollars to have essential parts on my truck rebuilt
twice within a short period of time. I recently had my steering box attended to by Randy at steering solutions ...not cheap - will see what happens. A big thanks to Jzilla for loaning me a starter and Ciaran for loaning me an HJ60 steering box this past year. On a positive note - my rebuilt 4 core rad by Gary at Aers has been stellar. 1 out of 3 and throwing money away.

Last edited:
Have you tried talking to Nathan about it? I had the regulator fail once, about 2 months after he rebuilt my alternator. I happened to be on a trip at the time and had a spare. He gave me a few extra because he felt bad. Might be worth a call, and who knows why it failed.
It's been a while since I've used him though, maybe quality has gone down.

I did use Brighouse Electric in Richmond recently. They do electric motor/alternator rebuilds for all kinds of stuff. They supplied me with a high output 24V winch motor to convert my old Warn 8200 to 24V. Good prices and the guy did an awesome service. He even modified the gear at no charge.

Gary. At. Aers. 604 988 4480. The BEST! Had the rad cap neck on a big Detroit Diesel let go in Ladner. Gary came down from North Van and brazed her up same day. Perfect!

which shop would be best to diagnose AC leak and replace the line.
I am thinking something like ac line splicing and replace type like this

and

thanks

which shop would be best to diagnose AC leak and replace the line.
I am thinking something like ac line splicing and replace type like this

and

thanks

like i pm,d you back id
check the posting on reputable shops the post above is one of the best but looking at the rust id be taking it to ebi for general look over with the leaks and rust issues. i would have thought it would have been atleast undercoated.

Who would you all recommend to do an initial inspection of a 97 FZJ80 in the Burnaby area? I just need to know if it's worth taking the few hour trip up. And I'd appreciate someone knowledgeable taking a look. IDEALLY, this would involve a compression test on top of the usuals. I'm willing to pay. Appreciate any help or advice. Thank you

Who would you all recommend to do an initial inspection of a 97 FZJ80 in the Burnaby area? I just need to know if it's worth taking the few hour trip up. And I'd appreciate someone knowledgeable taking a look. IDEALLY, this would involve a compression test on top of the usuals. I'm willing to pay. Appreciate any help or advice. Thank you

My recommend would be Steve Tetu @ Extreme Bends.

Extremebends.com | Landcruiser Toyota Parts and EBI 4x4 Accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom