replacing stock air cleaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions on replacing the stock set up with something new? Would like to incorporate a K-n-N filter. Is there something I can just screw onto the stock carb., and run w/ it?

I look forward to hearing all your suggestions. Thank you,

I WANT TO GET RID OF ALL THE EXTRA CRAP, KISS AS EVERYONE TELLS ME.

Brad, I like this idea! This should work for our rig correct? I don't think we need all that extra crap on the air cleaner. I don't have to worry about DEQ here in Oregon, since my rig is over 25. Thanks

!00% best bet is the stock cleaner assy. You can block off any ports that are not used for emissions. K+N makes filters for both. Stock cleaner assys protect the fliter and help prevent water and mud from getting to the element. Both stock styles are very large and allow massive transfer of air even when partially clogged from dirt or dust. Best one of all s the old style F cleaner that had the "cold" "hot" option for winter and summer. You gain nothing by going with anything else. On 62s you can get a decent gain inpower but give up all protection that the filter housing offers.

I am running out of space under the hood. I am looking for alternatives to the massive F style housing. I agree, that is good for filtration and breathing. I am not looking for performance gains, just more room. Hopefully I will be able to maintain the protection and get good airflow.

Are the old oil bath air filter worse than the newer paper filter ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom